CASE v CADS

general manager

Reaction score
For any estimators on the forum which is the best estimating package, have tried them both and lean towards CASE :unsure::unsure:

I think there was an old thread on this, I can't tell you anything about case but I can tell you plenty about Cads as I love it. I'm not an estimator by trade just a scaff who has to do it all but the cads is pretty fool proof and has impressed a few clients.

I think there was an old thread on this, I can't tell you anything about case but I can tell you plenty about Cads as I love it. I'm not an estimator by trade just a scaff who has to do it all but the cads is pretty fool proof and has impressed a few clients.

Tried both of them AOM and i personally think CASE can do more, only my opinion for what its worth

To be fair, a few felt like that especially the one's who tried Case first. I tried Cads first and thought that would do me, did Cads not buy Case out a while back?

To be fair, a few felt like that especially the one's who tried Case first. I tried Cads first and thought that would do me, did Cads not buy Case out a while back?

Yes they did, and in my humble opinion they should have combined the pair of them to make 1 super estimating package, maybe they will in time i certainly hope so

Used it for about 3 months now aom, and wish the firm had gone for CASE instead, [like i recommended]they spent 10k on 3 packages and 2 are still in the boxes [waste of good money] :sad2::sad2:

What did you not like? They are on the forum now and again and are very helpful. I am having a bit of an issue with the chimney heads as I don't really get it, also it works a treat for pricing the initial job but wants to charge a fortune for hire of material and every time I try and edit the rate it lowers the job price but still charges loads for hire. I haven't been on to them about it as my computer is awaiting some spotty faced we thug to fit more ram and cards and god knows what else as it's currently a bit light to get the best out of it.

using Cads ourselves
great for your wieghts ,Loading lists, TG 20 checks
but afraid still have to put your gut feeling into the job? or the price you want for it
well never get away from that I think

Never, another good thread with a great post from PW about estimating being a dark art which is very true. You should search for it, some really good formula's on it.

What did you not like? They are on the forum now and again and are very helpful. I am having a bit of an issue with the chimney heads as I don't really get it, also it works a treat for pricing the initial job but wants to charge a fortune for hire of material and every time I try and edit the rate it lowers the job price but still charges loads for hire. I haven't been on to them about it as my computer is awaiting some spotty faced we thug to fit more ram and cards and god knows what else as it's currently a bit light to get the best out of it.

Chimneys and handrails are the pits on CASE as well but there are so many differences its unreal, on Case you have about 30 lead ins for tube and the same for boards and also a part for extras to contract plus the working out of the money for erection, adaption, dismantling, carry and premium time are so much simpler to understand, i could go on and on but as stated earlier its only my opinion and that might differ with the majority of the lads on here

Hi Guys, Never used any of them however I'm looking for a programme for working out jobs.....material, type of job time etc? is there something out there or just keep doing it the good old way? remembering am a scaff not a spotty keek :) on the job am on now I have the advavatage of the 3d drawings to see where pipes run branch etc which I find very useful for scaffolders. This is called Navis. Easy to use.

I have used cads for 2 years. Yes it still is quirky and has shortfalls (note the material content (T&F) for handrail it allows is 1m for 1 linear metre & 1 fitting per 6m lineal). But if you understand your costs for scaffolding and the market place you are in, you will manipulate your price accordingly. If you master the input of dimensions you can get out some nice but basic drawings.
If you want a good moan try using 'Strike soft'

Yes they did, and in my humble opinion they should have combined the pair of them to make 1 super estimating package, maybe they will in time i certainly hope so

We're really happy to offer both packages, but I quite agree that we'd like to provide the best of both worlds in one package where we can. I hope that you'll like the direction that we're heading in as the new software releases come out.

By the way, you're more than welcome to send me a PM if there's anything that you particularly want us to do. We have a list of requests that we're working through as quickly as we can (I've added your chimney stack requests, AOM).

Terry

Hi Guys, Never used any of them however I'm looking for a programme for working out jobs.....material, type of job time etc? is there something out there or just keep doing it the good old way? remembering am a scaff not a spotty keek :) on the job am on now I have the advavatage of the 3d drawings to see where pipes run branch etc which I find very useful for scaffolders. This is called Navis. Easy to use.

Kevin, Most of us spotty keeks [your words not mine] started off on the spanner and a few like me liked the other side better. Give CADS a call and one of their lads will come out and demonstrate both so you can then make up your own mind :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks Terry, I have a load of brightly coloured boxes that smarter people assure me I need to beef up the work computer but these guy's are better at excuses as they are actually fitting the damn things. As soon as they have I will be on to you for the tutorial for the check it +. Did you check out the Scaffolder to designer thread?

Hi GF, Please don't be offended there was no malice intended......I work in the middle east so its not possible to have a rep visit me and this is also just a personel item i wish to purchase not the company.
:)

Hi GF, Please don't be offended there was no malice intended......I work in the middle east so its not possible to have a rep visit me and this is also just a personel item i wish to purchase not the company.
:)

No offence taken, when you get home PM me and i will show you both systems and then you can choose whichever is better for you:D:D

I have used both CASE and CADS smart scaff, I also have used one called Strike which is a very good package for a scaffold business.

My preference is CASE for estimating only and Gary Day and James give you good customer care and support.

I didn't give CADS much of a chance really, when it first came out on the market the man who sold it to me died and nobody from CADS could really help.

Top Bottom