Cape policies??? (1 Viewer)

poacher turned gamekeeper

Reaction score
alright lads having witnessed all the implications and knock on effects from the working @ height regs 2005, I observed a gang of scaffs erecting a two lift tower 8ft 2 lifts 7 boards wide with Aberdeen trannies each lift................

And wait for this the 2nd lift (7 boards wide) was picked up (2 rakers underslung on B&P all checked) WTF I asked the Scaff why a basic 2 lift scaffold needed all that materal and unessesary added strengh the reply was it is Cape's policy?????????????????????????????????????????????????:rolleyes:

Any one know why a scaffold general purpose over 5 boards needs rakered wi two needles???

answers on a post card:confused::confused:

just looked through Cape Technical Manual and no mention of picking up 2 board over hand with rakes and under slung tube :wondering:

Not two boards pal any working lift over 5 boards is picked up without prodtruding outside standards this tower was 7/8 boards and picked up in the middle.. why?????

I also have the Cape tech manual ( cant give it out ) WTF you dont need any of that sh1te, get back in the real world and forget about 'Browells' etc. Feck the compensation culture, let 'Scaffs Scaffold' and Solicitors and plastic H&S men play with Conkers and eat McDonalds Hot apple pies.:mad:

Haha Paddy, calm down calm down.:p

That's up with the worst I have heard yet, sure it wasn't for special purpose or anything?

Mostly that practise apparently applies to their southern hemisphere ops.

The wheel keeps turning down here only Mr A H & Mr TJ in K town live on!

Celtic

Hswt,

Your right,

Nuclear War could come ang go and cockroaches, irish pubs and td would be the only things left!

nowt to do with cape, just poor scaffolders over engineering a job because they havn't got a clue, think it looks good, got to much time to do a job and probably only have an ECITB ticket;)

Haaa,Jakdan,think you got it right. Scaffolding's a bit like the 3 bears..tooo much,tooo little,very occassionaly.......juuussstt right. Ikram meets cape ,then along comes the Poacher.lol

All rite lads i have had this problem with cape ,we had 16 ft steel ladder beams over a double doorway and they wanted us to spur them up ,surely this is the point of using a beam ,if you have to raker up you mite aswell just use tube and leave the beams in the yard.

All rite lads i have had this problem with cape ,we had 16 ft steel ladder beams over a double doorway and they wanted us to spur them up ,surely this is the point of using a beam ,if you have to raker up you mite aswell just use tube and leave the beams in the yard.

If it was a design job, then im surprised you didn't have to weld the fittings to the beam also.

Here is a direct phrase i copied out of the 'Engineers Handbook'.
Scaffolding: As in Pressed/Forged, Treated and Galvanised Steel as about as weak as tissue paper...
:huh:

The trouble with engineers j mate is they learn every thing out of a book but we learn by experience and hard graft,what we have got in our heads is worth more than any post engineering degre you can get in 12 mths.

nowt to do with cape, just poor scaffolders over engineering a job because they havn't got a clue, think it looks good, got to much time to do a job and probably only have an ECITB ticket;)

nish wrong with ecitb at least cape paye me my 1500 a week on the grid cant say iam happy coz most is on tax lol!! but hee hoo ecitb brought me a good innings. with the compensation iam gana get next year with the ecitb happy days atlest capes had the boll!ocks to paye there men while the ticket was valid like weve all said a ticket dont make a scaff iam still happy with my ecitb saturday and sunday 500 quid before tax ecitb may be shi!t in some eyes but hee hoo i will slip another 15,000 in before xmas:laugh: ps iam not a cocky cu!t this is the real world!!!!

Last edited:
alright lads having witnessed all the implications and knock on effects from the working @ height regs 2005, I observed a gang of scaffs erecting a two lift tower 8ft 2 lifts 7 boards wide with Aberdeen trannies each lift................

And wait for this the 2nd lift (7 boards wide) was picked up (2 rakers underslung on B&P all checked) WTF I asked the Scaff why a basic 2 lift scaffold needed all that materal and unessesary added strengh the reply was it is Cape's policy?????????????????????????????????????????????????:rolleyes:

Any one know why a scaffold general purpose over 5 boards needs rakered wi two needles???

answers on a post card:confused::confused:

come on poachers you no the score!!!! too many clients that have been on the super scaffolders course for a couple of days that no fook all!!! throw a few tecnical bullsh!ts in and there be fooked depens what job your on:laugh:

i remember working for rigblast on the beryl alpha,the O.C.A/had just brought new regs for scaffolding.we built a scaffold 1 lift about 9 foot long by 6 foot.it had everything in it aberdeens,boards tied twice blah blah blah.
it never got tagged because it was 1 inch too wide,we had to undersling with set and pick it up.

nish wrong with ecitb at least cape paye me my 1500 a week on the grid cant say iam happy coz most is on tax lol!! but hee hoo ecitb brought me a good innings. with the compensation iam gana get next year with the ecitb happy days atlest capes had the boll!ocks to paye there men while the ticket was valid like weve all said a ticket dont make a scaff iam still happy with my ecitb saturday and sunday 500 quid before tax ecitb may be shi!t in some eyes but hee hoo i will slip another 15,000 in before xmas:laugh: ps iam not a cocky cu!t this is the real world!!!!

i new i would get a bite:laugh::laugh:

Poacher
Its got nowt to do with cape policeies mate,
Its all about TG 20:08 anything wider than 5 boards between the standards is not a basic scaffold,
I totaly agree with you as well though,
maybee the boffin who wrote TG 20 could kindly explain,
why we need design input if a scaffold is over 5 boards wide,
I think what they are getting at is that its a birdcage (total crap) in my eyes

Last edited:
Top Bottom