Cape policies???

New one on me Kaydee, I will need to go back and read the book.:embarrest:

AOM
all of the designations in TG 20 are either
3 boards (inspection or light duty)
4 boards(general purpose)
5 boards (general or special purpose)
This is the way Im looking at it,these cover your basic scaffolds
anything outside of this needs design input???
I think that the Cape lads have maybe improvised I think?/ albeit it seems wrong

I know, I was going to interject but felt it prudent to read the damn book first.:toung:

Jackdan
8 x 8 = tower or birdcage ???
10 x 10 = tower or birdcage ????
13 x 13 = tower or birdcage ???

let the TG 20 people tell us

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

What designation are we signing on the Tags Lads??

Thanks for that Kay Dee, i seen the lads stripping the 2 lift tower (rakered in the middle of the working lift) today so i won't be able to see what classification was on the tag.

However here's another canundram cape are building all kinds of design jobs using there own tech manual, so in theory there aren't using unique designs drawings for each design job just refering to a manual.....so how can you call the erected stuctures designed scaffolds if there aren't accompanied by a job specific design / drawing??????

I may sound pedantic but you can't have it all ways....out of 50 scaffolds on the project I have seen one Design drawing for a massive loading bay and the rest are just erected with scaffolder nous & the tech manual will just back company up with the calcs / loadings up etc if it go's pearshaped.

Not a very consistant or robust design / drawing system is it??? The man from TG:20 will be pleased (NOT)

worked with capes about 3 years ago and had to do a bridge with beams and then 3 lifts off it all sheeted in,when i queeried the fact that every job done with beams should according to the rule book have a design i was then given a print oot from the manuel.when i then mentioned that it was to be sheeted i was more or less told your a scaff do what you need to do.
a class quote used by 1 of the troops on the job when confronted by the double standards of the management was dinny blame the player blame the game---too fecking true:nuts:
he was a gadgey fae edinburgh

Anyone got a copy of this manual i can have ?? Sounds better then TG20

Poacher
A set of generic drawings is all you need,
Whether they are on site or in depot office,
The thing that you need is the calcs for the scaffold and the loadings,
Probably to save rakering up the centres you'd be better reducing you transom spacings?
Maybe instead of 1200 centres drop it down to 900 or even 600 transom spacings!
Either way you'll probably bring the loading back to a general purpose scaffold,
Assuming that the standards spacing stays at 2 meters
Going along these lines get you design drawings done with the widest bays and maximum transom spacings and we will all be covered
Not sure if the design Ladwill be happy though itl do them out of money.

Capes, Hertel have near on the same technical manual, and it covers 90% of all jobs, that you will come across in the Industrial sector, the other 10% will be designed, what you have to remember that most of the major industrial service companies are NASC committee members that make there own rules, so many guidances and best practice, ohh and competent to erect scaffold, they have a major input on it, i have both up to date copies of the manual from both firms, near on identical cause half the staff in management have worked for each other, there risk assessments are the same, Hertel copied Capes, that would be from a certain Safety Officer. i wonder if someone had copy rights what sort of lawsuit could happen.:toung:

Top Bottom