Fully Comprehensive Guide to Scaffolding...? (1 Viewer)

J

Jason-Gibbs

Hi guys.

Theres been alot of posts from 'new' blokes, wanting to get into Scaffolding and im finding myself, spending ages poncing about searching for old quotes ive made, giving limited info about how they could start this job and a few pointers.

Its a pain, tbh - But i wanna be helpful...

Would it be worth my time making up and worth having on the forums a:
Fully Comprehensive Guide to Scaffolding?

Giving details of links to web-sites, what tube sizes, how to load a lorry, what fittings do and look like, weights of stuff, ropes and knots, how to use a ginney wheel, what kind of money to expect, how and when to get your tickets and what would be handy... things like that?

Im happy to do it - It saves me having to copy and paste my old posts every bloody time a new guy comes along, lol.

• Whats the feelings of the forum?
  • What would you like to add?
  • Is there already one?
  • Is it a waste of time?

• What do you think?

Ill await feedback and a go ahead from the gaffers before i make it.
Id like it to be made a sticky also and closed as soon as its made, as its pointless having it, fall down the thread lists as others are created and its bogged down with additional posts.

Jason make sure you keep it all in one syllable words so the Northerners can use it as well :toung:

Ha ha ha,sort ya scarfes out from ya needles.cons and sleeves fittings .universal terminology,bound to kick off a few debates with our norven bruvvers. Have:bigsmile: fun

Sounds like a great idea, Jason, and I'm sure Admin would be happy to make it a sticky.

I know what you mean about answering the same ol, same ol... it's always a tough one when new guys come along that perhaps don't know how to use the search facility to see if somethings already been asked... or can't be bothered to wade through what's there.

When you've been on forums for awhile, you know it's best to have a quick look just to see, and also spend a little time just lurking and getting to know the nature of the place. (ooops rambling now... :D).

Anyway, well done you!

Jason its a great idea and will be dearly appreciated. Good man for taking the time to help others :) Am just about to do my ptlls for the same reason, give the industry something back for all it has given me :)

Great idea Jason, I will leave that one with you as I'm far too busy, it has nothing to do with the fact I can hardly switch these things on let alone find and add the links.:embarrest:

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Just waiting for the powers that be to give it the thumbs up and ill make a start.

Top Bottom