Rigging (1 Viewer)

robvinpaul

Reaction score
hi , thinking of maybe giving rigging a try , any one know any decent training centre,s ? also what level do you start at , heard if your a advanced scaff you may be able to go straight in at higher level?? any advice would be great , thanks

Rigging: as in Abseiling/Rigging?
or
Rigging: as in working in the TV and Film Industry, on set and stuff?

If its the 1st one:
IRATA Website: (Click here) for links to training centres and stuff.
Or Gooooogle it.

If its the 2nd one:
Forget it, Studio Rigging is a closed shop and you'll be in the queue behind about 10,000 other Scaffolders, as well as that you'll need to join their own unions and pay a fee, before even being put on the list to start with... Unless ofcourse your a 'friend of a friend'.

why you want to leave the trade and work with a load of phoneys.
the real riggers are all rigger erectors going on some ****** course to try and be one of them is not in my opinion right.the erectors are very strong union wise,and donot like the course riggers.the courses on offer are worse than the cisrs courses,you will pass but then you will have to start all over again trying to make contacts etc.
its your life but ive seen your posts and i think you are clued up in the scaffolding fraternity,best of luck whatever you choose

sorry , meant rigger , been workin off shore now for few years , just seems to be scaffs are constantly working , getting harrassed by safety men , all the **** , rigger seems maybe the easest option for me to fall into too , thanks for advice lads

Top Bottom