Handy Tips and Tricks - Wanna share any?

Always make sure you stop pedestrians walking near the scaffold when Bombing , it avoids unnecessary accidents and hiding body parts on the lorry ;)

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

Always have a long light line as part of your kit , to many tips to list as the "old school " street lads know

Ive seen alot of scaffs using their level to measure down the second handrail. Just use your spanner instead, saves you getting out an extra tool. Also handy for measuring the standard off a wall for a single inside board.

Sorry for not ripping the piss, I'm a boring type of scaff lol.

If you use your magnetic level to measure down for handrail it leaves two hands free to place double on the standard & wrap it up.

If you use your magnetic level to measure down for handrail it leaves two hands free to place double on the standard & wrap it up.

I wouldn't recommend using your bubble to measure the difference if you are on a site where you have a miniature Hitler going round checking all the measurements of everything, as the it won't be quite within the guidelines for the gap between guardrails :cheesy: I've heard of scaffs having to spend an age going back to drop the handrail down a few inches to please the little man and his clipboard.

Always used spanner, no magnets in levels when I was a lad, but plenty of spunk in scaffolders.....ruled the sites or we fecked off :laugh:

You only need one hand to hold a double and one hand to hold a spanner, just hold your spanner upto the top handrail double and slide the botton handrail double upto it, hold the double there with your hand and then wrap it off with your other hand. Simples, no wasting time with a second tool.

Also most spanners are the same length as a level.

Last edited:
Just mark it when you chalk of you lift with your marking stick , use a 5 foot ali tube with to doubles as a spacer eye in the standards left right and leave the bubble in the lorry

Instead of a pen, try a welders 'carbon' stick.

Basically a big fat pencil, that writes on all surfaces, and even in the rain.
Have a chat with a welder and he'll more then likely give you a few sticks, which will last for ages and cost nothing. :)

Ive seen alot of scaffs using their level to measure down the second handrail. Just use your spanner instead, saves you getting out an extra tool. Also handy for measuring the standard off a wall for a single inside board.

Sorry for not ripping the piss, I'm a boring type of scaff lol.

not a truer word, the amount of times i see this and just shake my fukcin head

heres one i just learned today,sneak into a country talk some ***** aboot fear for your life and then kid on you worked for chevron(oil company)as a scaffolder and then try and get free training in the country you travelled half the world to get to.all the while fearing for your life:cry:

dont forget assylum seeking parasites.
im from scotland if i was that terrified for my life i would go to ulster,eire,england or norway as they are the first safe havens.
not because they pay benefits and give me a house,mobile phone,food vouchers and taxis because the racist locals dont like me on the public transport.but because i can get free scaffold training:eek:

that last outburst was i refrence to nothing is certain but death and taxes

Last edited:
dont forget assylum seeking parasites.
im from scotland if i was that terrified for my life i would go to ulster,eire,england or norway as they are the first safe havens.
not because they pay benefits and give me a house,mobile phone,food vouchers and taxis because the racist locals dont like me on the public transport.but because i can get free scaffold training:eek:

that last outburst was i refrence to nothing is certain but death and taxes

But have to pay for your own perscriptions...... Sorry

Top Bottom