28 days on 28 days off

Poacher,

Seriously, if you need our help at all, as we do also offer a service to small companys, assisting with set-up, registering the Ltd company etc etc, give us a shout. It's all a nightmare when you want to be concentrating on getting the work.

Best wishes with it all :)

Poacher,

Seriously, if you need our help at all, as we do also offer a service to small companys, assisting with set-up, registering the Ltd company etc etc, give us a shout. It's all a nightmare when you want to be concentrating on getting the work.

Best wishes with it all :)

Cheers I will contact you tomorrow better tax for some advice:love:

to andyf8686 been out in the north sea for the last 5 years until i was paid of last year got the phone call to go back but i dont know what to do i have got some good jobs comeing up in the next couple of weeks.

Massive I was referring to working in the UAE when you said about drink and bitchs mate as for the north sea that's how they treat everyone **** I no mate but better to keep away from it think good luck with the jobs in the pipe line

I'll pm you the company my wife uses in Aberdeen, you will pay very little tax, you take a dividend.. bit complicated but worth paying them the fee.. all legal aswell mate... all the oil and gas big earners use them in Aberdeen.

Do they need their own insurance if setting up a Ltd company, what about the umbrella outfits everybody seems to be into these days?

There's a thread on the tax forum discussing the merits of umbrella companies Vs being CIS, or indeed, your own Ltd company.

Here's an article that I'd recently read back then, and thought relevant and useful.

Freelance Builders welcomes HMRC labour crackdown | Construction News | The Construction Index

Poacher, it's probably worth talking to 2 -3 accountants. There's always going to be charges (end of year stuff on Ltd companies, payrolls, paying dividends etc etc), so it's a good idea to be happy with who you're dealing with and confident that they will do the best job for you :).

Mmm, maybe just easier to pay the tax.

Whichever route is taken, tax is going to be paid, I'm afraid :sad:. That's why it's a good idea to get someone to sort it out for you, especially company stuff.

Even on personal tax, you're not guaranteed to make the best job of it yourself because you're not dealing with it [HMRC/ tax forms] all the time.

As if making that leap into having your own business wasn't worrying enough, eh! :unsure:

Top Bottom