28 days on 28 days off

poacher turned gamekeeper

Reaction score
Alright Gents,

The poachers got an interview for a offshore job DSV Dive support Vessel as the fun police (Safety Advisor) any SF members done that rotation with out getting Divorced, any interview tips etc much appreciated.........................:wondering:

Cheers PTG.:D

Only tips you need for interview is,how many tabs you can smoke in allocated time in the shack,and what card games you can play...good luck mate,hope it works out for you...

have you worked offshore before Poacher ? if not you will probably find month on hard going, it drags like ****..

Always fancied bit of rig work what's the money like these days

have you worked offshore before Poacher ? if not you will probably find month on hard going, it drags like ****..

No Deb but I need this job to get my foot in the door got diving ticket but will always be a Scaff, if I can do 12 month 50k tax free and experience

Good luck with it, Poacher.

What better time than to join our fantasy football league... keep you amused during the month on :)

Better TAX I have got an old CIS card, this job is self employed, how do I go about paying myself National minimum wage or shares and the wife being the company MD??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Better TAX I have got an old CIS card, this job is self employed, how do I go about paying myself National minimum wage or shares and the wife being the company MD??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hey, Poacher, as all situations are different and based on many factors particular to an individual, it would be very difficult to give you an exact answer here but you're more than welcome to give us a call and discuss it!

In the meanwhile, get yourself a fantasy football team!! ;)

Alright Gents,

The poachers got an interview for a offshore job DSV Dive support Vessel as the fun police (Safety Advisor) any SF members done that rotation with out getting Divorced, any interview tips etc much appreciated.........................:wondering:

Cheers PTG.:D

if your worried about getting divorced, do the duration.

PTG,

By all means go for that job and enjoy it for as long as possible which in my experience will be no more than 3 trips, they say 5 but I think closer to 3. Month on is far too long away and a month at home is always far too long as well to be healthy. I sat in a shack of a hook up one day with about 60 scaffs, they were all either alcoholics or divorced with most on at least their 3rd wife. Not all will agree with me as usual but I would go in with a plan earn what you need to earn and get back out before any home life you have changes.

Words of wisdom from aom,but every case is different most scaffs are alcoholics and divorced as well as dope and coke heids nowadays on shore as well as off.
If youve got your priorities right,for me my kids and family there wont be any problems and the month on is a doddle just hit the forum.
Do whats right for yerself and be safe brother

Poacher

I get 20 days a year off but then I'm onshore in Thailand which obviously makes it easier. Have done 28/28 offshore in West Africa go for it it's a piece of cake but be carefull of the tax man....you are liable coz your in the country for over 90 days.

Good luck

Doddle.

Been 28/28 for the last 3 years mate. Its good to have the time off but when out here the wife has the girls 24/7 so tend to get the ear bashing a couple of time a week but less than when I am home LOL
Give it a try mate like aom says 3 trips if it's going good then work on a trip by trip basis you can always just get up and **** off anytime

Doddle if I get the start interviews on tuesday in Aberdeen, I will be a limited company how do you get round paying tax as you said I will be back in the country over 90 days. any tips advise on Limited company's will be much appreciated.

The guy who put me onto the job is away on Holliday so I can't pick his brains, if I get the shout I will be away sharpish so I need to get all this Limited company stuff sorted I have still got the old inland revenue CIS card are they still required???

Top Bottom