anybody worked in nigeria?

seanlol

Reaction score
alright lads(or lasses)

just wandered if anybody has worked in nigeria??

i've been contacted by a company called hallmark scaffolding and wandered
if they were a reputable company or scammers......

cheers
sean

any chance of number

could you send me details of job as im willing to take a risk

Only thing i can tell you about them is from when i sent out a load of C.V's about 2 years ago, they were one of the companies that responded to me but after some emails and a few phone calls(they called me from Nigeria) they decided they wanted someone with instructor qualifications for scaffolding and thanked me for my interest and so on.

they never asked me for money, or made sky high promises so I can only assume they were genuine, it was a woman called Cecelia Aigboneje or something that I dealt with

PW,
I sent phil a pm last week, just waitin on a reply.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

tinhead,
i spoke to them couple of months ago and said i would go out there,
they sent me remuneration details and when i accepted them they dissapeared of internet and stopped replyin to my emails(thats y i thought it was scam)

missus freaked a little when she read they supply me with armed guard!!!

just wandered if someone out there had heard of them to give me(and missus) peace of mind that i aint gonna get kidnapped when step of plane:nuts:

PW,
I sent phil a pm last week, just waitin on a reply

Sean

I was speaking to Phil yesterday as he was about to fly out from Schiphol back to Nigeria after 3 weeks home leave, Im sure he will catch up in the next few days mate, if not give me a shout and I will give him a prod.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

missus freaked a little when she read they supply me with armed guard!!!

You will need it mate, the kidnapping out there is rife....Overseas workers are bussed everywhere by armed guards to secure compounds prior to going off shore and vice versa on return...Its not a place for sight seeing other than behind 2 inch of armour.

will do, cheers mate

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

my old dear works in hospital and she spoke to nigerean doc, he reckons it aint that bad where they wanted me to work.....:huh:

Nigeria Work

I worked over in Nigeria for the last 5 years on various projects, the place is far from the best BUT if you can put up with it you will be sound

I worked off & onshore, the barges offshore where you live are very poor so don’t expect North Sea standards, Most of the camps onshore are fine & have a good expat community it all depends on which oil & gas company you are contracting for,

You can find out info on 419 Scams in Nigeria by going to http://www.oilandgasjobsearch.com/scamalert.aspx
:::OyibosOnLine:::The Expat's Guide To Nigeria::: :cool:

I too have had correspondence from Hallmark Scaffolding, they asked me what sort of wage myself and my mate would be looking for. I replied and basically asked what the industry standard was for overseas workers.

Anybody know what sort of wage I could command if i decided to take them up on any offer?

Personally I would steer clear of Nigeria its a haven for fraud,kidnapping and murder.
I had a chance to go 2 years ago they sent me start up documents and wanted all my passport details they then sent me a application form that I took to my lawyer and he said don,t give them anything and the documents and application where not worth the paper they are written on.

Also I know guys who where on the bonga offshore contract they said the conditions where poor all the guys on the rig where coming down with sickness because of they food, pirates where always trying to kidnap workers.
My advice is steer clear of internet offers and make sure its a reputable company your going with.

Top Bottom