Holiday Stamps

poisebrook

Reaction score
Remember the days when you got a holiday stamp for every week you worked?
So if anyone remembers them, were we paying into some sort of pension fund? if we were paying into a fund any contact details. I don't think i ever used the payments for holidays just came in as a very good pay day for that week

Last edited:
Yes remember when there only two pages,(2 weeks holiday) then it went to 3 pages when the holidays increased to 3 weeks.Lot of the lads sold them in the pubs at under the face value :wondering:

B&CE ran the scheme,

There was a provision for a payment on retirement,(age 65) remember reading years ago that there was a lot of money not claimed.You may have a claim ,follow link below and good luck :D

B&CE Benefit Schemes | Welcome to B&CE Benefit Schemes

The rigger just stole my thunder,i could only remember the name of the organisation that ran the scheme but a great bit of advise and a link as well.
you cant get much better than that

Well done Rigger, all I could remember is you had to send them to Crawley, not even sure if that's right. A very good friend of mine who drank almost as hard as he worked before finding sobriety in later life, would have retired penniless were it not for this scheme. They tell me there is another change in the offing regarding pensions. The latest information I have is that the legislation regarding offering all employee's a pension scheme is as weak as tea and there is not enough take up. The emphasis is now changing next year I think, whereby it will now be a legal obligation to have a pension scheme for every employee regardless of employment status. I personally think it's a great idea, especially when I think off my old mate who had very little despite a life time of hard graft that very few people would even recognise today. As per usual, this is second hand information so not entirely sure how close this is to reality as opposed to a government wish list. The danger with this is it turns out to be another money making scheme for the suits who are incapable of generating their own income without skimming off the working man.

B&CE have a huge office complex in Manor Way Crawley supposedly paid for by unclaimed holiday stamps. (My father worked there in the 70's)

any one know how to clame on b/ce holiday stamps from 19 75

Might be a disappointment with your claim, as B&CE Benefit Schemes robbed me of 5 grand and when i contacted the Ombudsman no joy there either.

So times that by an average money amount claim from the Hopeful expectants.

D*CK Turpin was just an amateur.

Top Bottom