MIST Course without Vantage Card??? (1 Viewer)

poacher turned gamekeeper

Reaction score
Alright Lads, does anyone know of any means of being able to do an online MIST course, without having a Vantage number?? a lad told me that you only get a vantage card in the north sea?? and if you blagged that you had been offshore in southern and other sectors (Dutch) you would get dispensation:wondering:

Can anyone shed any light:wondering: or disclose a potential loophole.:idea::D

to be honest m8t dont think they is a way to do it on line with out a vantage i might be wrong but have never heard of it you will have to pay the couple of hundred pound to do it at a center, you get a vantage in any part of uk offshore m8t, so not sure you can blag that m8t

never been to morecambe bay for a very long time so what is used there then just your passport, when i was there we had id cards but as i say that was 1990 the last time a was down that way

SORRY BUT I WOULD ARGUE THE CASE FOR THE BRITISH WORKER EVERYTIME.THERES A FEW C88TS I WOULD PUT FORWARD TO DO A BIT OF COCKLE PICKING.
on the mist i reckon that you will need a vantage number for the online course,other than that you can get a deal if doing the survival course with petrofac etc

Feck me poacher you will be asking for phone numbers to obtain a bent card next :mad:

THERE ARE VALID REASONS TO DO THE COURSE'S , THE MAIN REASON IS TO PREVENT YOUR DEATH,,AND THOSE OF YOUR WORKMATES :mad:

How the feck you attained a management position baffle's me.

Feck me poacher you will be asking for phone numbers to obtain a bent card next :mad:

THERE ARE VALID REASONS TO DO THE COURSE'S , THE MAIN REASON IS TO PREVENT YOUR DEATH,,AND THOSE OF YOUR WORKMATES :mad:

Why do you know any dodgy numbers Rigger???:idea:

ahh your quite right Rigger, now fully resigned to the fact that I will have to do the course in class (120 miles away) and not in the comforts of my own home.........................:toung:

baffles me too Rigger, broken home left school with no qual's never been able to count on NEPOTISM:amazed: will have to put it down to a case of the more I try the luckier I get;)

if you do it online there is no way of blagging it without a vantage card number..the only way it can be done without a number is to sit through the 3 day course along with your survival and of course stumping up a extra £250 or what ever it is for the privilege rather than the £70 it would cost you online..

if you go through petrofac they do a deal and you get it for £50 quid roughly.garry adams done it recently maybe if you pm him you will get more info poacher.
AND IF YOU THINK THAT THE CISRS IS A SCAM,WAIT TILL YOU DO THIS PEICE OF ****.THE SAFETY PASSPORT EVEN LOOKS LIKE VALUE FOR MONEY.
I CANT SEE HOW LEARNING ABOUT **** THAT DOESNT AFFECT YOU IS GOING TO MAKE YOU SAFER BUT THATS WHAT THEY WANT SO WE HAVE TO FORK OUT:mad:

totally agree with that daftscaff....just like the cisrs the mist thing is just a money making exercise....a few more years down the line and someone will bring out something else that we all have to do to earn a wage..

I'm on mine next week mate got it for 127 quid . Sum kind of deal mate

i done it online for about £80 and needed a vantage number.
i managed to do it in 22 minutes so how the feck they manage to churn it out over 2 days or even a shift is beyond me.
it doesnt make you safer as anyone working offshore,or who has been on this forum lately will tell you,and it wont save lives may make a few people very rich tho
it would have really pissed me off if i had to travel to aberdeen and then spend money on diggs taxis and the rest to attain this meaningless credential

Top Bottom