Sccr how many have bothered (1 Viewer)

happyhugenoet

Reaction score
AFTER SEEING A POST BY PADDY STATING 7000 MEMBERS ON THE FORUM,I POSED THE QUESTION HOW MANY HAVE ACTUALLY BOTHERED SENDING OFF THE £10 TO JOIN THE SCCR.
THEY ALL COME ON HERE MOANING ABOUT THE INDUSTRY, THE NASC,WAGE RATES THE STEP AND ANY NUMBER OF ****,BUT THE ONE BODY SET UP BY THE SCAFFOLDERS TO WORK FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE SCAFFOLDERS I DONT THINK HAS ANYWERE NEAR THE 7000 ODD MEMBERS.
I WOULD LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG LADS:mad::mad:

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I would also like to add that forum members are running the sccr are doing it for nothing, for no self gain whatsoever.
I salute you all,the rest of yous get yer finger oot and the tenner

AFTER SEEING A POST BY PADDY STATING 7000 MEMBERS ON THE FORUM,I POSED THE QUESTION HOW MANY HAVE ACTUALLY BOTHERED SENDING OFF THE £10 TO JOIN THE SCCR.
THEY ALL COME ON HERE MOANING ABOUT THE INDUSTRY, THE NASC,WAGE RATES THE STEP AND ANY NUMBER OF ****,BUT THE ONE BODY SET UP BY THE SCAFFOLDERS TO WORK FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE SCAFFOLDERS I DONT THINK HAS ANYWERE NEAR THE 7000 ODD MEMBERS.
I WOULD LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG LADS:mad::mad:

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I would also like to add that forum members are running the sccr are doing it for nothing, for no self gain whatsoever.
I salute you all,the rest of yous get yer finger oot and the tenner

I haven't bothered because of the militant and unionised slant to the whole project.

The SCCR are one hand saying that they want to work alongside the NASC and the CISRS and at the same time have already alienated both organisations with biased, malicious and generally unfounded comments on this forum. They then wonder why they won't send a rep to attend their meetings and answer their questions!

As for membership, I'd be very suprised if it has reached 100.

Last edited:
Happy,most people will use the forum for what it is,a medium to find work offer work advice etc,then theres a few that want to let off a bit of steam,most dont see the bigger picture,where their jobs and earnings are at stake.
The s.forum pub is the usual suspects doing the main story telling, jokes advice .Imagine if half that number of sf members posted,you wouldnt have enough time to read it all.
Phils post is also an alternative slant to things and has support. 7000 single voices no one will listen. 100+ united voices making a racket,may turn a few heads.

Last edited:
Very good comments from both of you guys.
Each to their own after all membership of the sccr is voluntary.

Happyhugenoet is correct with 7000 members on SF if half joined the Sccr that would show solidarity we have to try to make a difference.

every ones intitled to there opinions if any ones militant ave a look in the mirror your nothing but a wind up phill as for my banter on here its mine and others careers on the line you choose not to join thats fine last 6 months on this forum its been nothing but back stabbing hes this shes that worse than a load of olde women!!

Must confess i have helped but have yet to join , however i think the reasons behind sccr are valid , iam however a scaffold gaffer so my views on what employees want are not going to be shared by others !

I work overseas but you never forget your roots & things change all the time in this game one day the hammer next day the nail, get your 10 pound out for the boy’s future.

I havent joined, but think its a good idea in principle, thing is the ECITB guys are going to have to do their CISRS card, so get it done... instead of mumping about it all the time, thats life..

every ones intitled to there opinions if any ones militant ave a look in the mirror your nothing but a wind up phill as for my banter on here its mine and others careers on the line you choose not to join thats fine last 6 months on this forum its been nothing but back stabbing hes this shes that worse than a load of olde women!!

A bit like a union then :unsure:

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Happyhugenoet is correct with 7000 members on SF if half joined the Sccr that would show solidarity we have to try to make a difference.

If half did join then you would get half the idiots and they would kick up the most fuss over things like to much fat on the bacon and there is no payphone, the gaffers knocked me for going home early cos my gran died ....again !!
I get what the idea is but the window lickers will abuse it *see capes tag men suspended* need I say more ???
And that's my reason for not wanting to join as I do not wish myself being tared with same brush as the bad apples .

RV

At no time have I changed the SCCR mission statement.

The committee as a whole wants to work with the NASC & CITB.

Members will have seen the letter I have from the MD of the NASC where I have asked for a meeting with them so we can work together. Which is going to happen.

I do not see eye to eye with a lot they do but also agree with a lot they do. In my opinion I feel the NASC will be enhanced with us working side by side as we will be able to help them with the side of the Industry they seem to ignore.

Lets not forget that this forum is for scaffolders to air their views. You will not find anything of that nature on the SCCR web site.

I have said before when I write anything that is SCCR business on the forum then I will put my name, if it is banter & my personal opinion then I put Ragscaff.

I have a meeting set up about the ECITB & it is being attended.

We also have our regular HSE meetings throughout the year.

For our first year I am happy with the way its going.

As for membership numbers that is for members only or will be published after the first AGM. I would still do the same amount of work if we only had 10 members, because that would be 10 guys who can be bothered to want to try & improve our Industry instead of harping on about it over a pint.

I do not see us as a Union & would not want to take that direction.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman SCCR

A bit like a union then :unsure:

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

If half did join then you would get half the idiots and they would kick up the most fuss over things like to much fat on the bacon and there is no payphone, the gaffers knocked me for going home early cos my gran died ....again !!
I get what the idea is but the window lickers will abuse it *see capes tag men suspended* need I say more ???
And that's my reason for not wanting to join as I do not wish myself being tared with same brush as the bad apples .

RV

WINDOW LICKERS GIVE IT A FECKING REST,THE THREAD WASNT ASKING FOR REASONS WHY PEOPLE HAVENT OR WONT JOIN.THE THREAD WAS STATING DONT COME ON THE SITE SLAGGING OFF THE NASC,ECITB,HSE OR WHOEVER WHEN A GROUP HAS BEEN SET UP TO LOBBY THESE ORGANISATIONS ON THE BEHEST OF THE SCAFFOLDERS.
ARE THERE REALLY THAT MANY BAD APPLES OUT THERE OR ARE YOU JUST EMBARRASSED TO BE A SCAFF:eek:
PS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ALL THE GUYS WHO GIVE UP THEIR SPARETIME FOR THE BETTER OF OTHERS

WINDOW LICKERS GIVE IT A FECKING REST,THE THREAD WASNT ASKING FOR REASONS WHY PEOPLE HAVENT OR WONT JOIN.THE THREAD WAS STATING DONT COME ON THE SITE SLAGGING OFF THE NASC,ECITB,HSE OR WHOEVER WHEN A GROUP HAS BEEN SET UP TO LOBBY THESE ORGANISATIONS ON THE BEHEST OF THE SCAFFOLDERS.
ARE THERE REALLY THAT MANY BAD APPLES OUT THERE OR ARE YOU JUST EMBARRASSED TO BE A SCAFF:eek:
PS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ALL THE GUYS WHO GIVE UP THEIR SPARETIME FOR THE BETTER OF OTHERS[

Yes it's rife with bad apples .....oh oh I'm sorry everyone on here works for absolute perfect scaffolding ltd next you'll be telling us you've never dropped your spanner !!
In my honest opinion .

Emmbarrest to a scaffolder ?go and have a look in the photos and video section you will clearly see how proud I am to work in a fantastic trade .

RV

Red I have worked with you and that young lad your dad and I can not fault you's both ingards to you work however when we had the trouble over the assie you listened to that **** of a shop Stewart I won't name him but you no who I mean he was a company spy and even after meeting he ran strait to the office and named everyone how spoke up and that is a fact! Don't forget I had a very close pal in the office. Getting back to my point we need a voice when it comes to setting the new standards and ensuring thing are in place for the young lads coming into the game, you were the first crew I seen working with the gun's and not proper spanners what if the safety man had said NO what would you have don't next ???? At least if we all support the SCCR and something like that was to happen then the SCCR can raise the points for it and debate with the HSE why you think you need to use it.
Hope you understand my train of thought ????

Red I have worked with you and that young lad your dad and I can not fault you's both ingards to you work however when we had the trouble over the assie you listened to that **** of a shop Stewart I won't name him but you no who I mean he was a company spy and even after meeting he ran strait to the office and named everyone how spoke up and that is a fact! Don't forget I had a very close pal in the office. Getting back to my point we need a voice when it comes to setting the new standards and ensuring thing are in place for the young lads coming into the game, you were the first crew I seen working with the gun's and not proper spanners what if the safety man had said NO what would you have don't next ???? At least if we all support the SCCR and something like that was to happen then the SCCR can raise the points for it and debate with the HSE why you think you need to use it.
Hope you understand my train of thought ????

I do get what the SCCR are trying to achieve and good luck to all who are involved . My point is some will see it as "us versus them" and two fingers to the man .Until you are on a level playing field you will always get the people who will inervirtably ruin things wheather they meen it or not .

Andy I didn't get involved with any "debates" on the site in question as it was my one and only bluebook job and in votes my hand went up last so as to go with the majority .
I am a "street scaffolder" at heart and that's what I do now , unions have there place for good and bad (like many other things) it's just that I am lucky to have choice and a good employer .

I wish the best to everyone involved in the SCCR

RV

Luv this site,better than wimbledon...Deuce..lol Cheers admin

Got my card today..Thanks Stewart..Keep up the good work. Little acorns.

Last edited:
I also believe a little respect to fellow scaffs irrelevant of tickets is in order. A bit of flexibility from the top and there wouldnt be this situation.

The problem I have with this whole thing is not the ideology of the set-up, but the whole 'we're right everyone else can go fcuk themselves if they don't agree with us' mentality. It's not constructive and It's not the way to do business.

It's a strange way to behave - especially when the Chairman is saying that they are trying to forge a relationship with the very people that his members are constantly bad-mouthing and insulting.

I do know some NASC committee members and they know all about scaffoldersforum and the SCCR stuff. The feedback I have got is pretty much negative (and who can blame them when looking at some of the comments on here?) "Glorified kids club" was one comment from a committee member when discussing the SCCR.

So talk of working alongside the NASC is way out of line at the moment - especially if the SCCR members continue insulting and bullying these established industy orginisations the way they have been on this forum.

It would be a shame if the obvious hard-work and committment put into the SCCR was ruined by a few hot-headed, misinformed individuals on an internet forum.

So my stance is that it's a good concept in principle. But continue slagging and bitching - and it'll go nowhere. You can have civilised debate without all that nonsense. I think some individuals need to understand that.

glorified kids club thats scaffolders for you phill!! some of nasc there idears are fine some are dame right stupid everybody nos everybody on the circuit exspecially if theve been in the game long enough wether it be nasc or a scaffolder what i find very unfair people hold there tonges most of the time due to a law suit being posted through there door so most dont speak there mind to the full as for being insulting this is what scaffolders do ive meet some right animals. as for the forum think most scaffolders behave them self on here yes some threads do get heated but were else does a scaffolder have chance to air hes views weve lost some good members that dont come on anymore due to politics.

Top Bottom