scaffold clip lubricant (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Hi there can anyone tell me the best stuff to use to free rusty n seized clips please, does hydrolic oil and putting fittings in a cement mixer work? Thanks

Depends on how bad the fittings are seized up mate. If its just to get them going, there are many methods that are good for that and lads on here have their own methods and ways to get them going again. Oil, derv, and if you have a few bob to spare, WD-40.
An impact wrench can also be good as the vibration can free a fitting of its rust.
Good luck.
I have heard of fittings thrown in a oil drum and let soaked in oil, but not a mixer.

work out first how long its going to take you to service one fitting
free it up
oil it
paint it
multiply that by your hourly rate
then think how much to buy one?

so whats the answer👺

You are probably right Hatterscaff, but I have always hated the throwaway society. Keep them soaked in clip lube or scaffeze until you are quiet and they will be like new after a couple of runs.

What would you boys do?? I have alot to free up and want the quickest and chespest way if possible? Many thanks

Hatter is probably right, fittings are pretty cheap nowadays and labour is expensive. I personally, would still service them.

we still service them
but the pain in watching the lads take an eternity to do a bin drives me up the wall
i suppose I'm just tight or is it environmentally green👼

Scrap em then put the proceeds to new ones.
Environmentally friendly as your recycling them, you don't waste earning time servicing them, you have nice new fittings to work with, just look after the new ones

By the sound if it he has come across a load of old fittings and rather scrapping them wants to put them back into service.
Nowt wrong with recycling. As I said mate there are plenty of options, the obvious one is the quickest and cheapest way to do it.What do you have handy at the time?
On oil drum and all sorts of oily stuff mixed in?
Let them soak!

Has any one tryed Corstick soda

Yes we use it now & again when we have a bad batch to service,
We normally put the fittings in 1 of the heavy duty plasic drums cut in half with a mix in it & leave it overnite...next day all the rust has been removed & we hose em clean with fresh water then put em into another drum with cliplube next day theyre thrown back into the fitting bins, any excess oil drains onto the other fittings- u dont even need to put a spanner on em theyre rust free,lubed & ready to go....the whole process proberbly takes no more than an 1 man hour and we normally only do it when we have more than 100 fittings

For anybody searching for an alternative to Scaffeze - We at Eljay have a tried and tested formula trusted by many scaffolding companies around the UK for a fraction of the price.

Our formula doesnt evaporate too quickly and leaves a protective coating.

Can deliver throughout the UK

i will be more than happy to assist anyone so please feel free to contact me at ryan.saunders@eljayltd.co.uk

Clip lube - £60 for 5 litres, spray on fittings and leave for week then turn nute with impact wrench

Clip lube - £60 for 5 litres, spray on fittings and leave for week then turn nute with impact wrench

Will be able to definitely be able to give you a better deal on your clip lubricant :bigsmile: - be happy to help!

our stuff is already trusted with loads of scaffolders

Elay chemicals in Essex make Scaff Clip Lubricant, with UK Delivery avaiable.

Cement mixer half fill drum with fittings three shovels of coarse gravel let it spin for 15 mins empty out and coat in any waste oil and diesel leave to dry brand new fittings

Top Bottom