Towers (1 Viewer)

scaffcon

Reaction score
Ok, so I just thought I'd throw this one out to see the answers which come back, does a tower need to be designed?

just checking if its over the 3.5xthe base than yes

All 4 leg towers have to be designed,The loading tables in TG 20 are of a width of 1225mm or 5 boards this one of the areas that holding up the rewrite of TG 20

I've asked the lads at work knowing that they had to be designed and nearly all of them said no!

how many legs has it got?

dont feking start this off joe bag will have a feild day lol

just checking if its over the 3.5xthe base than yes
i thourght it was 4 x (but not sure if this is the height of hand rails ro working lift)
All 4 leg towers have to be designed,The loading tables in TG 20 are of a width of 1225mm or 5 boards this one of the areas that holding up the rewrite of TG 20

not you as well instructor a tower can have only 4 legs no more supose it could have 3 but who builds a tower with 3 legs

so what would a 6 legged 8 foot long 5 foot wide scaffold be then if not a tower ?

in my veiw

bird cage need to have min 9 standards
indapendant min 6 leggs
tower max 4 leggs

so 6 legged 8 foot long 5 foot wide scaffold would be an indapendant

that how i see them althow most people will call an 13ft indapendant

a tower :laugh:

Is he a scaffolder then marra

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

well 4 X would mean you have a 5 foot wide tower 20 foot free standing then ?

Internal static tower is 4x min base
Internal mobile is 3.5
External static 3.5
External mobile 3x min base

"cough ,cough " iam sure you mean 3 X minimum base mara ;)

Is he a scaffolder then marra

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

well 4 X would mean you have a 5 foot wide tower 20 foot free standing then ?

READ NEILS REPLY THE CANT HE BEAT ME TO IT LOL

Internal static tower is 4x min base
Internal mobile is 3.5
External static 3.5
External mobile 3x min base

NEIL MARRA YA A CANT LOL SEEMS WE WERE ALL RIGHT PHIL :cool:

Neil spot on but your table is for free standing towers but you must also mention that the lift hight can not be more than the smallest base dimension ie if you had a base of 1.5 times 1.5 the lift hight could be no more then 1.5 but this out of window now.TG 20 states all towers/birdcages must be designed.This is what is holding up the rewrite of TG20

still wouldnt like to see a 20 foot tower free standing marra , but if thats what its says ;)

i wouldent my self wouldnt like to see an independant 20ft high 300ft long free standing ties second lift as minimum :d

ill let you off on this occasison but their is a diffrence between a dwarf and a midget

Top Bottom