Legends

does any body remember the 80s when sgb had most the power stations.the crazy scaffs. sam reed.micky wallace.dave cole.i used to hate being a labourer lol. great guys
though laugh a minute .unless you were a labourer.lol
Dico we used to work for Powerchem, we did a week at Radcliffe in 1990 the foreman scaff was a dead ringer for Popeye in the french connection, he used to make "us southerners" do all the cr*p jobs, all the lads we were with were from Newcastle and covered from head to foot in tattoos. We had a labourer with us who had 11 or 12 kids, you haven't got 11 or 12 kids have you Dico ?

no its not me dangeruss.well hope not anyway iam in enough trouble with sprogs.lol

Just looking back on some earlier threads, ledgends.
I knew and worked for most of the guys and companies mentioned, but that would have been back in the mid seventies.
L&B kenny L great guy, a freind, Johny Hurley, died on ops table age 54 not one of my fav people.
Bill Leane crazy paddy, Phil Moore, Ken Davey, what a man started so many companies, D&R, Trad, and many more, anyone remember speedy Dave Bowen? think he passed away, great friend, Kevin Clifford great guy, anyone remember M&R J, Tryfoot carefull now one of my best mates, sort of the earth tought me the game, anyone remember these London scaffs, Micky Collins, Freddy Reynolds, real charactors, funny guys, never a dull moment with these 2, and probably the most fanous of all Tessy Baker the greatest and most loved scaff out of south london, comedian famous for his scaffolding, huge man with huge disability, had one leg shorter than the other, giant of a man when standing on his good leg, passed away aged 54 RIP mate.
Bob
Matt Lonergan, Tony Smitheram, Bill Smythe,Bill Basher Banks, Frankie Mason, Patsy Sweet Scaffold legends we heard about on many an occasion in their younger days as I worked and still do with Tony Smitheram

Bob
Matt Lonergan, Tony Smitheram, Bill Smythe,Bill Basher Banks, Frankie Mason, Patsy Sweet Scaffold legends we heard about on many an occasion in their younger days as I worked and still do with Tony Smitheram

Frankie 'The Boy' Mason, the last time i see him he was on alltask on canary wharf but been told he got the sack, he must be retired by now.

Heres 1 for you Alfie mayling

Frankie 'The Boy' Mason, the last time i see him he was on alltask on canary wharf but been told he got the sack, he must be retired by now.

Heres 1 for you Alfie mayling
Did you know he used to live in the tower of London,last time I saw him was Benchmark scaff at least 5 years ago

Bob

Did you know he used to live in the tower of London,last time I saw him was Benchmark scaff at least 5 years ago

I 1st met frankie mason, on UBS, at canary wharf 2000-2002, a guy called john walton was also on there at the time, he went to benchmark and still is today, frankie went with him, then he was on alltask, and i left and got told he got the sack, so i dont no where he is now days

UBS on Canary Wharf there was also a guy called Henry and davey minit and a lot of subbies

UBS on Canary Wharf there was also a guy called Henry and davey minit and a lot of subbies

Yeah Henry (H) from Collier Row, the last time i knew he was running a job for benchmark, and davey minit, i dont no where he is now, maybe still on UBS

Yeah Henry (H) from Collier Row, the last time i knew he was running a job for benchmark, and davey minit, i dont no where he is now, maybe still on UBS
Yes H he was known as.
Heard davie was on benchmark maybe 7 or 8 years ago.
There was also a guy Nigel from brentwood i think and 2 older scaffs from kent but cant remember their names.
Was also an east ender who we all called Large

i know j trayfoot nice bloke work with a long time back not for him

legends

bigbadbob
did you ever live down the elephant and castle .you,ve dragged up a lot of names from the past did,nt know kenny L that well but used to run a bit of gear into him now and again johnny [fat man hurley RIP] could have been a rich man if american express had,nt have owned his house his words not mine
bill leane. me , Bob P and splinter used to be his dangerous stucture gang good money, **** hours.Phil [half a brain] Moore LMS supervisor wednesday payday, phil always in the pub with the lads i heard he lives down hastings now. Micky Collins, Derek Andrews,Ricky Arthurs, Harry Brown,Stewart Gear,
Ernie Fox and yours truly [the clockhouse Brixton 24/7] Freddie Reynolds/Peter Watts .Fred 13inches .sleeping flop it on a board and his helmet still hung over the side.last but not least Tessie Baker his leg was,nt his biggest problem Tessie suffered form chronic farmer giles. Tessie spent 4 hours night work Earls Court in the bog in pure and utter agony,we were pissing ourselves.

keep in touch

lapta

Lapta - we are based in hastings - and i certainley do most the pubs , what phill is that

No mate did'nt live there, but as mentioned, i did know and have worked in the past with many of the names mentioned, many of whom i lost contact with years ago, but had great times with them in the past,

i thought phil moved to dorset way when i last saw him i used to get pissed from the fumes of him, and i remember when shanks went up in a roof with the light line as we was doing a slung and three hours we was all a sleep when johny hurley came him i think he was with ethel

some interesting stories on here !!!!!!

Last edited:
legends

Lapta - we are based in hastings - and i certainley do most the pubs , what phill is that

hi scaffy
phil moore his nickname was half a brain i met him when he was supervisior on LMS roughly about late 70,s maybe early 80,s there was a bunch of us working on a big temp roof in moorgate every day pissed it up in a pub called the clangers dave[chalky]warnes was with us .next door was a tavel agents the guy who ran it was called dustin [bent as a nine bob note ]he was into amatuer photograghy every day he would go to the block across the road and take photo,s of us and guess what chalky warnes was in every photo .
RE;- brighton beach freddie reynolds photo,s

lapta

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

No mate did'nt live there, but as mentioned, i did know and have worked in the past with many of the names mentioned, many of whom i lost contact with years ago, but had great times with them in the past,

hi big bad bob

when i look back never remember most of the jobs i worked on but can remember clear as day all the pubs i got pissed in especially with the lads we,ve been reminising happy days

lapta

funny story but that could only happen in the world of scaffold

Hi lapta, i know dave warnes and all his brothers very very well, Freddy was also a great friend of mine, did you ever work on the Sandown Race course grand stand, that was alos LMSS lots of the old scaffs mentioned where on that project, you must have been with LMSS when Tony Carpenter was the Labour manager, when they sold out, Billy the Walrus Wilmot took over labour manager job, Tony left and started up on his own.

my mate scott bell talks of him, hard nut from downham

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

my mate scott bell talks of him, hard nut from downham

ray chandler that is!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Paul Baker was a quality scaffolder. He used to work with a geezer from Sidcup in the 90's. Anyone remember his name?

paul was a very funny guy,was it gary brooks, or nigel, what about m+r guys, rixy( graham),biffo and bacon,. pikey, mark hammond,dave powell and his bruv willie, stef, joe cody, stuart in the office,warren the pickfords, they had some great drivers as well, millwall pete,roger,tony,queenie.good firm in there day

Top Bottom