HatterScaff

Reaction score
Seem to have opened a can of worms here

a client enquired, how much a standard 3.9m scaffold board weighs
the office has erupted and apparently we all know feck all

can anyone give a diffinitive answer?:laugh:

Twice as much as half of it

lol

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Length 3.96m (13ft)
Safe Working Load 0.50kNm on individual board; 0.61kNm spread uniformly across four boards.
Weight 20kg
Width 225mm

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

www.speedyservices.com/.../scaffold-board...3...-/productoverview

Some of the buggers i've humped? over the years seem twice as much, brand new with the sap running out over your gregory

the average weathered 13' board weighs a lot less than 20kg , with some sap drippers more than double
tsg_smiley_muscle.gif

Seem to have opened a can of worms here

a client enquired, how much a standard 3.9m scaffold board weighs
the office has erupted and apparently we all know feck all

can anyone give a diffinitive answer?:laugh:

ask him how much a 13 foot fire resistant board weighs that might shut him up i dont know what the weight is but there a lot heavier than normal boards then you can tell him he nos fook all :laugh:

i always thought they averaged 18 kg per board , however , some of the tripe that`s been around for the last 3 or 4 years is much lighter .... i think i had some reject feather edge boards in my last batch on new ones .

used to reckon 50 boards to the Ton when dry, and 40 when wet

but that was back when men were men and women did as they were told ;)

Depends how wet they are !
Fireproofed boards are heavy f u c k e r s !
Remember years ago when I was a nipper working for Mills, they brought in some 16 foot boards. They were heavy t w a t s as well !

Stephens & Carter did a 16 ft board 3in thick with a steel fitting on the end, designed to span two 8ft bays with thier frame system without transoms

Those are the heaviest I used

We reckon the same as you Rigger for working out the load on trucks 50 to the ton.

When you get a new batch, you cant lift the *****, and soon as they see a ray of Sunshine they do more Twisting than Wor Lass, when i go to the Pub.;)

HaHa, we have 400 new one's sitting in the yard that were delivered on Friday. As soon as I saw them I thought I would stay on the deck Monday and build the pedestrian access while the boy's finish the top lift.;)

Strange question anyway, why would you get yur nikkers in a twist over that? The board is like my missus light and gay in the summer,and heavy n miserable in the winter. lol. Question: Is a board legal if it doesnt carry the bs en end straps???

Seen one company in particular offering £4 trade in for non compliant boards. Didn't work out the exact figures which was based on full loads only but seemed a descent option to me.

Hallooo AOM,welcome back mate.missed your input..been away on your winter retreat in the carrabean no doubt. As far as I know all boards must carry the bs en strap.

I have posted on this issue before Fredrik mate, after a HSE visit on our job, all unbanded boards were removed, and Cut boards banded. Cant remember where the Thread is now, however, i think Rigger had some input with useful Info.

Welcome Alistair, nice to see your input again Bud, hope you and your Kin are ok.

there has been some coments that wood with loads of sap are hevier i find that lumps of wood with a mobile stuck to there ear are the hardest work of all l:laugh::D:blink1:

Sorry Frederik, no winter retreat for Aom, just smashing the jobs up. Works been mental and every time we think we are getting on top we get knocked back to the bottom of the hill again. As for the boards, I realise all boards should be kite marked but should you find some without Caspian are offering to buy them off you at 4 quid a board if you replace them with their kite marked one's. I think you would probably struggle to buy a board without it now depending on where you shop but I thought it sounded ok at a glance should someone have old stock.

Hi Paddy, kith and kin all good, thanks to all for their concerns and considerations during a tough time.

Top Bottom