NASC launch guidance on hiring & managing scaffolding companies (1 Viewer)

Dass

Reaction score
In response to a high demand from industry, the NASC (National Access & Scaffolding Confederation) has launched a free specification document intended to provide guidance for all organisations (or individuals) who are responsible for appointing, monitoring or managing scaffolding contractors.

Produced specifically for Clients, Site/Project Managers, Agents, Surveyors, CDM Coordinators, Estimators, Planners and Designers the document provides detailed industry requirements on the current best practice for scaffolding contractors prior to working on site and what expectations are required once work has commenced. This document would also be suitable as a protocol template for all scaffolding works and could be used to accompany any Tender or Pre-Qualification document.

The risk of an accident or injury to either operatives or the general public can be greatly reduced by factually knowing what to demand from your scaffolding contractor at every stage of the process.

Gerry Cooper, NASC President states:

“Non-regulated scaffolding contractors could get away with anything, if you let them! This guidance arms those responsible for using scaffolders with the facts and allows them to insist on latest best practice”

After reading this, am I the only one thinking that as usual, the NASC are basically questioning the competence of any scaffold company that isn't in the NASC??
Reading between the lines, this fella is saying if you're not in the NASC, you're not up to much.
The arrogance of the NASC and its people really p1sses me off

should make them even more popular than they are i feel sorry for the small companys that work safe and are just getting more and more pushed out

quite simply mate this is the start of the bold nasc trying to regulate the unregulated,most firms who are not part of this unashamed cartel are not part because they cant reach the criteria or cant afford the criteria.the bold nasc would have most believe that most firms out with their gang are cowboy outfits unfit to erect a scaffold which unfortunately the ceos and mds of the big building firms are swallowing due to the pressure presented with the recent corporate responcibility laws.

This is one of the main reasons we started the SCCR. Now there is an alternative to the NASC which can represent the Industry, we are producing a company charter for our company members to sign up to which will demonstrate that non NASC members can scaffold & over a first class service as well.

Stewart

what are they doing about the roofing companys and builders who do their own thing and not very safely.
no as pointed out by celticbhoy this is a cartel,what ever happened to the free market :mad:

Unfortunately we can only look at what we do. Easy target as they say.

We just need to make sure our house is in order.

But I do agree when I am working on my scaff step on the first lift & a roofer is walking up battens on a 40% slope carrying tiles!!!! Brickies jumping over handrails from plot to plot!!

Thats life at the moment we try & educate :wondering:

Ragscaff

this guidance sounds more like a promotional brochure to me.maybe the bigger companies start wakening up when the price of the scaffolds got through the roof when the time to put in the handrail on unboarded lifts,the debacle that is the scaffs step get put into the price

the one thing that works nasc is greed, because if they actually really cared they would occaisionally at least, release free copies of stuff to companies or organisations. paying puts people off regardless of cost as they already sick of payout payout payout for traing and legislation for this an that.

so cost is against them, and in my view although there are costs involved, they should try target certain companies with free info instead of 100% selling, this would surely prove they actually cared about their vision of the industry, and the nasc wasnt just a cash cow creating legislations and best practices but only helping the rich established companies, instead of helping the whole of the industry, they could surely help the new start ups or smaller companies for free or nominal fee and cream the big boys to help fund a proper level playing field and raising the whole standard across the whole industry therefore really doing what they say not what they paid lol

HaHa Rant over im fcukin half baked here , what im saying is if the sccr can find the right formula it could be seen by many as the group that is there for the whole industries benefit .

Nasc.. How can a board member from the same area of a scaffold company trying to get into nasc be allowed to judge.... Dont nasc realise they become stronger competition to this exsisting member.....thus blackballed...£1600.00 worse off........utter plain f--kin rip off.........needs sorting

In response to a high demand from industry, the NASC (National Access & Scaffolding Confederation) has launched a free specification document intended to provide guidance for all organisations (or individuals) who are responsible for appointing, monitoring or managing scaffolding contractors.

Produced specifically for Clients, Site/Project Managers, Agents, Surveyors, CDM Coordinators, Estimators, Planners and Designers the document provides detailed industry requirements on the current best practice for scaffolding contractors prior to working on site and what expectations are required once work has commenced. This document would also be suitable as a protocol template for all scaffolding works and could be used to accompany any Tender or Pre-Qualification document.

The risk of an accident or injury to either operatives or the general public can be greatly reduced by factually knowing what to demand from your scaffolding contractor at every stage of the process.

Gerry Cooper, NASC President states:

“Non-regulated scaffolding contractors could get away with anything, if you let them! This guidance arms those responsible for using scaffolders with the facts and allows them to insist on latest best practice”

After reading this, am I the only one thinking that as usual, the NASC are basically questioning the competence of any scaffold company that isn't in the NASC??
Reading between the lines, this fella is saying if you're not in the NASC, you're not up to much.
The arrogance of the NASC and its people really p1sses me off
i agree with you 100% the nasc members are trying to squeeze the little man out who can scaffold every bit as good but without the heavy price tag. god save the smaller firms because the hse and the nasc wont

And what about the little man who has membership?

Top Bottom