Industrial shrink wrap (1 Viewer)

meercat

Reaction score
Does anyone on here use it?
Are there companies offering training to do this?
Thanks for any replies.

Hi Meercat, we have used it four times on temp roofs now, the first two we employed a subby to go and do it for us, the first one was up for over a year and did not go back to it once, it was out in the country side, wind snow etc.
They did a good job, when they did the 2nd job they didnt turn up on time, so customer p!!ssed right off. Also because thet didnt finish on the first day we had gale force winds that night and most of it was ripped off!!! so they patched and patched, right bodge job!!!
So we had our lads trained but to be honest it aint worth a w!!k, but it's a catch 22 you have to do the training for the basic's and then its all trial and error on site until you get it right. Now I'm going to be honest the first one we did was sort of Ok and totally waterproof but it was a bit untidy, so on the next one I negotiated a deal with the training company a days on site training and hey presto it was up in time (no waiting for subby's) and it was very tidy.
One problem though we are in a coastal location and the freckin seagulls love pecking the freckin roof, been back twice in two weeks torepair.
Sorry its long winded but hope it helps

Initial costs;
Got the training @ half price £395.00 for 4 men, 5-6 hours
Day on site training £150.00
Heat guns @ £180.00 each (got two)
Gas bottles (but negotiate with Calor and you pay for just the gas)
Heavy duty heat gloves £10.00 a pair (I think)

materials for job;
Shrink wrap (if you want price, wait till Tues when back in office)
Heat sealing tape £10.00ish per roll
Metal clips to hold shrink wrap in place whilst you start- (re-usable)

Let me know if you require the prices

Me thinks you buy from tufcoat aubrey , we use it a lot and have had this seagull problem , you will overcome this with plastic owls , no doubt youl think im taking the mick but it works

Like i said in my 1st post, dont think you learn a lot on training course, it is taken indoors so no wind rain etc etc. You do need good weather conditions to install this stuff.

Think it would be best to negotiate a deal where it's on site, proper training, that way you can do your 1st job under surervision.

Cost for meercat, sorry guessed it all previously so most of it wrong, try again.

Got the training @ half price £295.00 for 4 men, 5-6 hours
Day on site training £150.00
Heat guns @ £395.00 each (got two)
Gas bottles (but negotiate with Calor and you pay for just the gas)
Heavy duty heat gloves £3.95 a pair
Patch tape @ £9.95 per roll
Shrink wrap 12.0m x 15.0m flame retardent £246.00 per roll
Shrink wrap 7.0m x 15.0m flame retardent £159.00 per roll
Heat sealing tape £10.00ish per roll
Metal clips to hold shrink wrap in place to start £95.00 (Box 100)Reusable.

As mentioned earlier by someone else all came from Tufcoat (Tufcoat - Industrial shrink wrap covers for the weather protection of large products during road transport and storage).

By the way just to let you know Went back AGAIN this morning, FRECKIN SEAGULLS

Meercat,Im Sure I Read In An Earlier Post That Young Bundys Brother Did The Shrink Wrap, Give Him A Message And See What He Says Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained And All That.

Tuffcoat stuff dont weld properly go to boat yards direct and by same stuff half price

Tuffcoat stuff dont weld properly go to boat yards direct and by same stuff half price

Interesting that one Scaffy, went back on one yesterday and not only was it the seagulls but the join/seam started to come apart.

Do you have any more info on who sells the wrapping?

Cheeers.

We started using thinner sheet from tufcoat as it welds easier , we still buy of aubrey as well
You will note on the normal sheeting he sells that when u melt it goes all powdery thats why it doesnt bond
Was using several boatyards that was supplying visqueen product at half the cost , where are u based ?? We have seagull issues but the owls work !!!

The install manual features our blokes in it - claim to fame

We started using thinner sheet from tufcoat as it welds easier , we still buy of aubrey as well
You will note on the normal sheeting he sells that when u melt it goes all powdery thats why it doesnt bond
Was using several boatyards that was supplying visqueen product at half the cost , where are u based ?? We have seagull issues but the owls work !!!

Does the thinner sheet perform/last the same way?
We are on the English Riviera (posh ehh) In other words Torquay area.(Dump really)
would be interested if you have any phone/contact for the visqueen.
Cheers

190 micron i think is the one we have been using stands up well and we are well exposed

There is also a glue system dont know much about it,i was on mossmorran and cape were trying it out due to the high risk with the naked flame

industrial shrink rap ???
i take it u mean enviro rap. as the only industrial shrink rap i have used was like supper strenth cling film. me and a mate thought it would be funny to rap a freinds car in it one night after a lot of drink. how were we to no that night the temp would go to -2 and freeze to the car. took half the paint of his car when he tryed to remove it in the morning to go to work. oooopppss. lol

Top Bottom