standards for clamps BS1139 OR EN74

Pat Barrett

Reaction score
Is there somewhere I can go and read this standard. I recently purchased forged doubles that do not give me 90 degrees. I want to find how far out of square is allowed.

Fit for purpose with no patient defects, springs to mind.

Following the depletion of the British Manufacturing Base, imports from the East have flooded the UK and indeed the Global Market---there are varying levels of Quality Control thus the emergence of large quantities of low grade and therefore ( in my view )un serviceable Component parts.

Any deflection from the 90 Degree and or the fourth part of a circle is unacceptable, send the lot back.

Buyer beware research your acquisitions before committing to a purchase order...

Manufacturer tells me 87 to 93 degrees is acceptable as per the standard. The BS1139 standard I paid $109 US for, did not include the 90 degree clamp info. Guess I paid for section 2.2 by mistake. Anyone have a copy of 2.1?

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Found a way to read the contents of British Standards. All I need to do is find someone in Cambridgeshire that can access the library system. Apparently the library has them online. Anyone on the forum live there ?

Top Bottom