What happened to

Zotsey

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to the Bonzer brothers ? It was Wally and Bob Bonzer. I worked with them at Capes Sutton Coldfield Depot in the mid 90's. They lived somewhere in the Nottingham area. Wally was a sound bloke, anyone know/work with them ?

Last edited:
Zotsey,

I worked with them around the same time at Drakelow and Willington power stations. They were sound. They did live in Nottingham. Don't know where they are now. Did you work with Dave and barny woods too.

Woko

Was Dave Forman at Willington before Bob took over. Always tapping away for bits of metal etc to cash in if is the same one. Barney doesn't ring any bells though.

Could have been they all new each other. Dave was a bit miserable until you got to know him. I was based at drakelow mostly working under Chris wright and Pablo Martin don't know if you remember them. I've got ben smiths job at Rugeley now I'm site manager on there. Bens still there but he works for the station keeping an eye on my meausures. He's the only man who would be on the gantry above you waiting to give you another job when you wrapped your last fitting off.

Ben, wow. He must be knockin on now, he had a bad heart if I remember right. Chris Wright is a black lad ? Was a cecol lad for SGB in late 70's early 80's ?
Is Blonk still there ?

Ben's about seventy now but just won't leave the place it's all he's ever known. Yeah Chris Wright was a black lad. Still a few old the old faces still there. Jablonski and Nezzi. I strarted out on the stations and then went on the line crossings with a Scaff called Capo big fella and his mate Kev Walton I've got his lad supervising for me now. You did you used to work with. ?

Bob and Wally Bonzer
Dave was the Forman, older guy, black hair, think he was from Stoke.
Charlie, think he was from Notts & John, can't remember his surname but I think he died

Top Bottom