Estimating (1 Viewer)

scootay45

Reaction score
2 questions here lads, 1/ what is the recognised estimating format for street work now, sguares or metre runs? 2/ what footage do squads have to achieve to get there day in? use to be 175' for basic day is this the same or there abouts (is that 3 questions:huh:) just curious....

Hi scoot

1) I would say mostly Linear Metre Runs.

2) Would base a gang day on 50LM (Up to 3 lifts high, obviously dropping in producivity increments the higher the job is)

Cheers

Paul

Hi, I dont think theres gonna be a straight forward answer to your question...

When I price work I use various ways to price.
I use CASE for most of the work but even then I 'fiddle' the outputs to get it to what I think is the right price.

I use £20 a metre run as a general guidline but if theres a 'buggeration' factor to take into account then I up the metre rate.
Same for street work really, its going to take longer to erect safely so therefore, your output rate is going to be lower.
Its all about experience with pricing and getting a 'feel' for whats right. If Im not sure on something (not often nowadays) I still run things past our senior contracts manager for a second opinion.

Dave.

The majority of people, outside of London at least use metre run of lift, within the M25, squares (10' x 10') still seem to dominate - probably because that's what the sub contract labour still charges in.

James

Top Bottom