Working abroad please help (1 Viewer)

gmanscaff

Reaction score
Alrite fellas, I need some advice...I've basically got a job to go to in 3 wks it's abroad and the firm is based abroad but in a different country...they are going to pay me in any account I want and it's tax free, however I've been told if I bring the wages into England then I will have to pay tax on it...please help.

Alrite fellas, I need some advice...I've basically got a job to go to in 3 wks it's abroad and the firm is based abroad but in a different country...they are going to pay me in any account I want and it's tax free, however I've been told if I bring the wages into England then I will have to pay tax on it...please help.

It will all depend on your rotation and length of contract. Best probably to go non resident and fill the form in so you get an NT coding. Also try opening an offshore bank account.
Days in the uk are the killer so you must not exceed that. Not sure how many days you are allowed in the uk now but it used to be a max of 180.
Good luck, hope you are going to a nice place.

Gmanscaff. what country is the work at.? and where is the firm based.?, speaking from experience it sounds right that you will pay tax if you get your salary sent to the u.k, why cant you open a bank account in the country where you will be working, i was told the same thing when i went out to Dubai. hope this helps.

you can have 90 days back in uk in a tax year

and its a tax year 6th of april 2011 to 5th april 2012

The 90 day in UK is only part of the requirements.
There is a high profile case in the High Court at the moment. The Inland Revenue are saying that anyone who still owns property, a business or even a UK bank account still has interests in the UK and could still be liable to pay tax on overseas earnings.

Tell them you have been in spain/ireland any eu country for your rotation leave, no evidence of where you have been only stamp on your passport is entry/ exit from country you are working in.

Tell them you have been in spain/ireland any eu country for your rotation leave, no evidence of where you have been only stamp on your passport is entry/ exit from country you are working in.

Passport stamps prove nothing.
It is down to the individual to prove he is not liable for UK tax.
If you own a house and pay a mortgage then you are based in UK....

Basically fellas I have got 6 months work in Aruba for a firm who are based in Canada..they will pay me in whatever account I want..in 6 months time I'm Gona come home and that will be that..the money I make will make me debt free and a deposit on a house however if I get taxed on it over here it won't really make it worthwhile..I currently have a mortgage on a flat over here with the mrs..in short..I wana go over there 6 months make sone money and set me and my family up for life..how can I avoid the tax....could I open a local account and pay my debts off from that account and send money home for bills by bank transfer ???

Basically fellas I have got 6 months work in Aruba for a firm who are based in Canada..they will pay me in whatever account I want..in 6 months time I'm Gona come home and that will be that..the money I make will make me debt free and a deposit on a house however if I get taxed on it over here it won't really make it worthwhile..I currently have a mortgage on a flat over here with the mrs..in short..I wana go over there 6 months make sone money and set me and my family up for life..how can I avoid the tax....could I open a local account and pay my debts off from that account and send money home for bills by bank transfer ???

It used to be that you had to be out for one full tax year (April to April) so if you went in May you would have to not work in UK for almost 2 full years.

It may have changed I have been overseas so long now.

I pay Australian tax at moment 46% ouch lol

Top Bottom