Remember these fittings ? (1 Viewer)

topscaff

Reaction score
Just had a rummage through the museum end of the fitting shed and found some old classics , anyone remember or even still using any of these ?

I certainly don`t miss using singles A.K.A minges or fannies and those `sticky willy` doubles are good for building racks but feck all else .

archivefittings.jpg

antiques roadshow would like a look at them

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

do you still jemmy them in when your short of kit

do you still jemmy them in when your short of kit

Thankfully it`s never got that desperate ...... think i`d rather lose the job than use most of these .

The Hooks , fannies and D/H`s still come in handy when customers want to purchase the finished scaffold - tin roof shelters , canopies etc.

Hopefully got a job lined up which will need 100 L.B.C`s which customer is buying :D

Only 2 on there i havent used , the top one with the orange paint , and the really clean galvanized one what are they for topscaff ?

nice, glad to see the back of them full lap clips, (rocket science to put one on)

we done an external on a sewerage works tank new build, approx 10 13' towers x 3 lifts all the trannies needed the boards pulling back and some old timer asked for hundreds of fannie clips before we started, fukcin genius, easiest trannies i ever pulled back.;)

The Mills swivels were a pain to get on,especially if you got them the wrong way round.

Only 2 on there i havent used , the top one with the orange paint , and the really clean galvanized one what are they for topscaff ?

To be perfectly honest , i`ve not had the pleasure of using them either . They look like some form of steel fixing , but , i would not fancy hanging a scaffold with them :eek:

The Mills Swivels are a right pain , but , do have their uses on ramp handrails

the galvanized one is a hoarding timber coupler , refer to presco website mainly sold for film sets etc

What a load of old ***** !!!!

Vancouver the only sticky willy you refer to is after ya bin up ya sista (incest is best)

still use the minges, and wrapovers are ******* brilliant for bridles, weve still got all those fittings but dont use most of them.
htey dont make em like that anymore.
ill have a look through our shed tomorrow and see what gems i can pull out.
although what the **** is that top one for with the pacman teeth???

To be perfectly honest , i`ve not had the pleasure of using them either . They look like some form of steel fixing , but , i would not fancy hanging a scaffold with them :eek:

The Mills Swivels are a right pain , but , do have their uses on ramp handrails

Why are they a pain.......

feck me reliablescaffolding a West Ham avatar
RESPECT
good to see a proud supporter not fazed by a slight hiccup

the galvanized one is a hoarding timber coupler , refer to presco website mainly sold for film sets etc

What a load of old ***** !!!!

Vancouver the only sticky willy you refer to is after ya bin up ya sista (incest is best)

How dare you talk about incest. You're a mod as well. FFS!

Was you touched as a kid ( did u like it ?)

Topscaff

nice collection---SGB Captain Cook and the single bolt wrap over.

I'll put myself on the spot here, But, was the single bolt wrap over not a considered the same slip test as a load bearing fitting---correct me if Im wrong---now where did I put my flack jacket ( in coming fire :nuts: )

Scaftec ???/redviking ???

gar...

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

P.S the swiv's ok

what one is the captain cook gazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Top Bottom