cuplock course (1 Viewer)

tillyts1

Reaction score
has anyone attended a cuplock course latley?
We are a building company who use our own cuplock and have done for about 12 years now, we have never attended a course as we never had to back then and are obviously competant in useing it. The question is, i have never found a course that suits us so never pushed this, i dont see the need to get part 1 as we dont errect it for anyone but ourselves, we only use tube to close off and end and brace etc.
I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice as you ask receptionists at these training centres and they dont seem to know themselves.
we usually work at a height of 5m, and sometimes errect a table lift a further 1.5m..
thanks chris

Hi Chris

There are lots of varities of Cuplok (System) courses which have be discussed at length on many a thread as an additional qualification to the Scaffolders CISRS Card, I think you could attend a System course but the only problem you have is it will make lots of reference to Tube & Fitting information that can only be gained by attending Part 1 etc.

Many years ago when I was with SGB we all went on these Cuplok Conversion Courses (F*cking strange really as we had been using it for years prior to the course!!) which showed you proper components and their uses, basic independents, a loading tower, return configurations and splays etc. I did this at SIS Nottingham.

I found it at the time a good course but the components we used we would never see the light of day again i.e. the return lugs because SGB Contracts just wouldnt stock them due to the fact of them having billions of feet of tube and fittings that could do the job just as well.

I personally think Cuplok is the best system out there but I am bias, I spend a good chunk of my career at SGB!!:D

tillyts1
This is probably the course for you:
Course: Cuplok Base - Basic Access System Erector
Code: BAL95C
CITB do the course but you can google and find other companies doing it. It's a 5 day course and costs around £695 but will tick the training box for your competency.

Good Luck

a friend of mine who is an instructor does a course on cuplock, its at utn in wakefield, let me know if its any where near you in country & you are interested in finding out more, i will pass on his details:idea:

Top Bottom