advance scaffolder

garry fern

Reaction score
I have been scaffolding for 12 years and completed my advanced scaffolding in 2005. The problem is I didnt complete my portfolio for part 2 but was allowed to do my advanced anyway. This didnt cause me any problems until I recently lost my job and started working for a new firm. I tried to get my cards to discover that I may have to start my training all over again. I have the certificates to prove I completed part 1, 2 and advanced. I do have my training card but it is 12 years old. Do I really have to start from scratch?? Any help would be gratefully appreciated!! :sad:

If you have never had a cisrs card by 31.12.10 and still have the old CITB one you will to have to write to the scheme manager at cisrs to appeal. Go to the cisrs website. If you have no nvq I suggest you will have to get one and you may need to re register as it's called the QCF scheme.

We had a lad join us saying he had an Advanced card, yes he did all the training courses for parts 1,2,and advanced, rang to check him out and because he had no portfollio's he had no card!!! Not even part 1

Told him he was the most qualified glorified labourer on the planet, see ya!!

We had a lad join us saying he had an Advanced card, yes he did all the training courses for parts 1,2,and advanced, rang to check him out and because he had no portfollio's he had no card!!! Not even part 1

Told him he was the most qualified glorified labourer on the planet, see ya!!

Thats very helpful....

Like advised earlier post, get on to CISRS, see if they can help you mate.. good luck..

Thats very helpful....

Like advised earlier post, get on to CISRS, see if they can help you mate.. good luck..

Sorry mate, yes reading it back it was not very helpful, all I was trying to point out was that you can take the courses at any time but without the portfollio it does cause a problem.
Perhaps I should choose my words more carefully in the future.

No worries mate... can't really understand people not getting their portfolios done though... you done the course.. so why not get it finished, you have to complete, 1. training, 2, portfolio, 3 assesment...to get a card..

My mate Rob did his part 2 about 8 years ago and still ain't done his portfolio. WTF? Why even bother doing the course?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD

My mate Rob did his part 2 about 8 years ago and still ain't done his portfolio. WTF? Why even bother doing the course?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD

Because he proberbly had one or two weeks on a course, all paid for, away from work, away from missus and in the pub every night :laugh:

Ps VLLB which one are you in your annoying picture.
Are you the one who cant shoot straight?
Are you the one at the other end shooting your load?
Or are you transvestite one with the Blue knickers on?

Top Bottom