pasma training (1 Viewer)

grimmie

Reaction score
does a part 2 scaffolder need pasma training course to erect alloy towers?

PASMA PROFESSIONAL TRAINING

The Work at Height Regulations 2005, require that the assembly, dismantling or alteration of Mobile Access Towers should only be undertaken by a competent person, or if being trained, under the supervision of a competent person.

A competent person is a person who can demonstrate that they have sufficient professional or technical training, knowledge, actual experience, and authority* to enable them to:-
a. carry out their assigned duties at the level of responsibility allocated to them;
b. understand any potential hazards related to the work (or equipment) under consideration;
c. detect any technical defects or omissions in that work (or equipment), recognise any
implications for health and safety caused by those defects or omissions, and be able to
specify a remedial action to mitigate those implications.
*Note: “authority” here means delegated authority to the individual by his employer to carry out a certain function or duty

Going onto or assembling a mobile access tower will involve working at height. The Advisory Committee on Work at Height Training (ACWAHT) indicate that for anyone who works at height, the above definition of a competent person implies:

· To know and understand the specific legal duties under the Work at Height Regulations which apply to them as an individual
· To understand who controls their activity and the lines of communication to use
· To understand the principles of fall protection that the Regulations require to be used
· To be able to recognise safe and unsafe situations / activities
· To understand how to deal with the hazards associated with the task allocated to them
· To have adequate training in the correct use and limitations of any work equipment allocated to them for the task
· To understand the need for and the ability to check the adequacy of the safety equipment allocated to them
· If that equipment has been issued to them on a personal basis, an understanding of the correct procedure for storage, maintenance and inspection
· To understand safe procedures of work and state the correct procedure for the task, the emergency (including rescue) procedures in place for the work and their role in it
· To know the procedure for reporting any defects, hazards or unsafe procedures they detect

I would say yes a part 2 can erect stupid f.ucking ally towers

That's just my interpretation I expect someone else will read it in a different way.

Lol I love alloy as well bummer got get plasma now lol

Yes.. a part 2 could erect a tower

Without PASMA card , no he can't legally...

PASMA is a pile of *****....

That was bloody marvelous Swifty, but the question was. Does a part 2 scaff need pasma training to erect alloy towers???? No I didnt read it differently. Did I??

If you read the instruction manual or someone reads it to you, I guess you as part 2 would be competent to erect a alloy tower and put some painter out of work.

Hi simian, As I understand it now,working at height can be walking along a path at work,trip hazards,walking past a man digging a hole now puts me at height,has the working at height law been changed recently?

Definition of work at height is a place where you can fall, pavements and kerns do not come into it, it's falling from height or even below ground

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

If you read the instruction manual or someone reads it to you, I guess you as part 2 would be competent to erect a alloy tower and put some painter out of work.

In the eyes of the law your company may deem you competent, in your earlier post it states adequate training, reading or having something read to you is adequate training, in the event of a claim and a problem it will not be.

Build what you like when you like for me but always think if it goes wrong that's when the questions will be asked.

How long does a pasma course last?

Is it longer than an hour?

What do they do for the rest of the day?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Is speaking polish compulsory?

According to Tony Smithern,smsts course instructor,can you injure your self tripping over a kirb or a cable? Yes. Can you injure youself at ground level falling into a hole? Yes. So his definition is different to yours. As you walk along a scaffold and trip over a warped board, I believe that constitutes a trip hazard, tho at height,you are protected by handrails. Gets a bit confusing ,dont you think??

Trip hazards and fall from height are two different things. The hasawa states you must have a safe place of work with safe access and egress, cables, kerbs and warped boards are trip hazards

O K simian,I wont labour the point. Can you tell me what height constitutes a fall from height? and I will forever hold my peace!!! Maybe.....

O K simian,I wont labour the point. Can you tell me what height constitutes a fall from height? and I will forever hold my peace!!! Maybe.....

The Hse see if you have a step down from a kerb around 3-400mm they expect some fall protection. It will depend on the surroundings.

Takes 1 day for PASMA, the bloke we had was a right ******.... thought he was teaching you how to fly a fukin aeroplane...

have spoken to 3 pasma training centers and they all say even a qualified scaffolder needs training to erect alloy towers.one day course at £155+vat

Top Bottom