Advice with pricing work (1 Viewer)

goulda

Reaction score
a bit of advice please

I have a small amount of gear and a solar panel company have asked me for a general price for scaffolding back of houses/bungalows etc. for access to roofs.

I have never been involved with pricing before is £8.00 a square metre a reasonal price. They are looking for one a week and most of the work will be in a 30 mile radius of my base in Essex.

£8 a square meter would not be too far off the mark , works out to £16 per linear meter on a 2 meter lift which is pretty much spot on .

Solar panel installation seems to be all the rage at the moment

Good work for small company to start up with, try and get a deal with them for all their local work at this price or add a bit more on for travel and go for all their work

hi bud if your in the london area becareful make sure your wages dont overpass the linear mtrs on the job,other wise you will be banking on the other job to fund the last one always make sure your with in 5 mtrs of the truck for your gear if not add extra hrs on for carrying i did alot for solar energy you need as much information off them ,this can be supplied by them because their surveyor will have done what they call a costings programme when he visited the premises,failing that you could go on google earth click on tools and you can measure any building you like saves you alot of travel,if you dont know how to measure by google earth they will give you a demo it really can save yu running all over the shop wasting diesel and man hrs any probs drop me a thread

a bit of advice please

I have a small amount of gear and a solar panel company have asked me for a general price for scaffolding back of houses/bungalows etc. for access to roofs.

I have never been involved with pricing before is £8.00 a square metre a reasonal price. They are looking for one a week and most of the work will be in a 30 mile radius of my base in Essex.

£8 a square metre is quite cheap that £72 a square!
I would try and get closer to £10-£11 a square M myself and add extra on for anything with **** access beamwork etc.
If you start off to cheap they will want everything for **** all.
Pointless doing jobs for wages when you have overheads deisel aint cheap these days neither is maintaining vehicles.
I think most companies try and work off a 1-3 basis ie every £100 in wages needs to cover £300 to cover these outgoings!
Far to many companies going under at the min for doing work at silly prices, don't become another one. Good luck

Firms doin for 50 a square at this end

Top Bottom