CISRS Instructor qualifications (1 Viewer)

Beaver

Reaction score
Hello all not sure how this forum works so if I blab to much let me know. Can anyone tell me what qualifications you need to be a cisrs scaffold instructor. I heard that you could be a system scaffold instructor if you attended a part 1 and 2...is this true? if it is then you could be a scaffold instructor in 12 months. I thought you had to be at least an advanced scaffolder to even be considered to become an instructor.

Welcome Beaver, I would be surprised that someone could become an instructor without an advanced ticket, but the way things are going in the industry nowadays, maybe I should'nt be surprised anymore.

Thanks brandy if it is true that a part 2 can become a scaffold instructor then it means that all those advanced scaffolders are being side lined. Should we not do something about this? who can deal with this? Our livelyhood is being threatened by this.

Young guy got started at the inchininn college last year and apparently he's a part2 and apparently all the other instructers were raging as they were all advanced

Got it in my head that the new guy was related 2 some1, that might not be true it was last summer a was there but have that in my head for some reason

Instructor

Hi
Hold an CISRS Advanced Scaffolder Card for more than 5 years.Ref Cap 609A.
So sounds like bollox to me
Regards Tufty

COLLEGE SCAFFOLD INSTRUCTOR
Vacancy from
Job No:BXY/16190
WageCompetitive rates of pay apply

Hours35 PER WEEK, MONDAY-FRIDAY, BETWEEN 8AM-5PM
LocationERITH, KENT DA8
DurationPermanent
Date posted23 February 2011
Pension detailsPension available

Description
Applicants must have experienced as a qualified advanced scaffolder. Working within NCC health and safety regulations, the successful candidate will be required to update and develop course materials, to train and assess trainees, present in a classroom environment and any other tasks as required by the course. . Can also send in CV by post
How to apply
You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Mark Eyre at National Construction College, Manor Road, Erith, Kent, DA8 2AD or to mark.eyre@cskills.org.
Employer
National Construction College

WHAT??????? They don't even have to have some kind of teaching qualification??? I've had to jump through hoops to be able to teach adults in a college environment. I thought NVQ's were involved with CISRS, which, as far as I know, need NVQ assessors and outside assessment... or is it to "NVQ" standard... regulated from within? But government funding is also used, so how come these courses are not subject to all the inspections other "publicly funded" institutes are subject to?

(sorry, I'll wander back over to where I belong now :notrust:)

Re- Instructor quals,Yes you must be advanced, with a min 10 yrs under your belt, then you have to shaddow all 3 course's , but not in the same training center,also yes you do need a teaching qual, PTTLS or DTTLS, aswell as train the trainer, then they put you through you A1 assesor, now the training center you work for will usually help you through all this, very rewarding different side to our industry, hope this helps fellas.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the clarification... however, that copy of a job advert is very vague on any of the qualification requirements, compared to what you're saying. :confused:

Hi Bettertax, i can only comment from personal experience, it what i had to do to get registered with CISRS as an instructor. :)

Hi lads it looks like uz are all wrong. just been told that the cirsrs managers have done a deel with a scaffolding company in aberdeen to allow a scaffolding salesman who did a part one in glasgow and walked out with a supervisers card to do a part 2 in a system scaffold and he doesnt need to do a nvq but will still be a cisrs instrucotor. how can this be allowed to hapen. the scaffold salesman is called derik littel or something like that. only qualified sacffolders should be scaffold instructor if we let anyone do it then we are doing ourselfs out a job. what do uz think lads ? can we report this to anybody.

You could report it to the same CISRS managers that let this happen.

The CISRS scheme owners represent themselves.

No one else.

swifty if i am geting this right you are telling me that we have no one to complain to about cisrs allowing non scaffolders to be scaffold instructors.

Ask one of our forum sponsors Simian they might know all about this type of thing.

Well... you'll learn **** all from him then....

can someone from simian offer a bit of advise here as it is very worrying to find out that cisrs are letting anybody become scaffold instructors. the whole scaffolding erecting industry needs to look after our own future and not allow non qualified scaffolders to become instructors. it is unfair that scafolders need to get a nvq and advanced card to become an instructor and a scaffold salesman can be allowed to become an instructor even tho he has nat been a scaffolder. how did he get a supervisors card after doin a part one. can cisrs or simian give an answer here.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

come on lads there must be some body that can help with this. if this is true then we are talkin about our industry being taken away from us becos the cisrs have done a deal with a company in aberdeen to lower the entry level to be an instructor.

Top Bottom