3 Day Scaffolders Course

Pokerface

Reaction score
3 Day System Scaffold Course for non scaffolders to be able to erect & dismantle scaffolds up to 5m high,
I think this is bad news for all scaffold companys with work being scarce as it is
What are your opinions on this

Last edited:
2 lifts of system would'nt be rocket science, just another course to keep the money rolling in.

at least there doing more than the scaffold inspectors course used to be,13ft one lift with a kicker.two day course.then they can tell any scaff there doing it wrong.(bircham newton 1990)

It has been always been the case that any one and his dog could erect System to the hight of 5 m---they just cashing in on it now...

Who is providing this course ?

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Who is providingthis course ? is it another CISRS course ?

Beaver

nae sure Buds---any Butcher, Baker or Candle Stick maker, the way oor Industry is going PMSL...

Thanks all..Looks like the whole industry is getting out of hand. I posted a thread asking if there was any truth in a part 2 becoming a scaffold instructor....can you have a look and respond please. What are the unions doing about all of this? I thought they were representing our interests within the nasc and cisrs???

and it's only to the hight of 5m---therefore, why 3 Days ?

and the Target audience would be ?

thin end of the wedge ?

This threads about 3 day scaffold courses Beaver. The truth.....whats what?

Cape East run 3 day basic and advanced courses in the UAE and the certs are verified by CITB reg number for the assessor?

This 3 day cuplok course is for non scaffolders, i.e. labourers, joiners, brickies etc
will they be complying with SG4:10
Will they have harness inspection records
will they have and use advance guardrail or the scaffold step
will they tie the scaffolds in
will they do a pull test their on their ties and have their pull tester calibrated every year
lets face it lads these are the same people that remove handrails and ties and forget to put them back in so what are the chances of them complying with the above

Last edited:
Pokerface

If they want to Erect Scaffolds they got to take on all the Administration and Engineering measures that go with it---

Who is going to Inspect the Scaffold ???

This is the last straw---next time I see ANY Breach I'll be on the blower to the HSE...

Garry...

This course is on offer in teesside

BASIIC SCAFFOLDIING FOR HOUSE BUIILDERSTARGET AUDIENCE:
Operatives who are required to erect scaffolding on house building and similar sites
who donot require full scaffolder registration trainingOBJECTIVES:

On completion of this course delegates will have knowledge of the relevant regulations, codes
of practice and good safe working practices along with practical hands-on skills to
housebuilding and similar sites.
CONTENT:
• Statutory regulations and codes of practice
• Scaffolding terminology
• Properties to tube, fittings and boards
• Safe handling of scaffolding materials
• Types of scaffold
• Safe ladder access and egress
• Assessing material requirements for simple scaffolds
• Erect and dismantle simple scaffolds:-
• Putlog
• Independent tied
• Tower
CERTIFICATION
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate.
DURATION
Duration of this course is three days.
COURSE FEE
£450 + VAT.

THRES NO MENTION OF HOW HIGH YOU CAN GO

Last edited:
It would be a better idea to run a 3 day compulsory scaffold users course before anyone can work at heights.

This Is A cisrs Course (Base) Basic Access System Erector Its For Anyone Who Needs A Scaffold Not Exeding Five Meters High, Primarily So A Slater Or Plumber Can Erect Roof Edge Protection This Is Not A Course For Scaffolders,If A Scaffolder Needs A System Course He/She Should Do The Two Day Add on, Ive Done Kwikstage And Cuplock Only Because You Are Required To Have It To Show Competence In Whatever System You May Be Using.

This Is A cisrs Course (Base) Basic Access System Erector Its For Anyone Who Needs A Scaffold Not Exeding Five Meters High, Primarily So A Slater Or Plumber Can Erect Roof Edge Protection This Is Not A Course For Scaffolders,If A Scaffolder Needs A System Course He/She Should Do The Two Day Add on, Ive Done Kwikstage And Cuplock Only Because You Are Required To Have It To Show Competence In Whatever System You May Be Using.
Gerscaff is this a new course just brought out.

this crap that has been highlighted has already been in use in different forms.i remember working for a brickie firm who sentthe brickies labradors on a hop-up moving course.
WHAT YOUVE GOT TO REMEMBER IS THAT WHEN THE ACCIDENT DOES HAPPEN,AND IT WILL THE CLOWN WHO ERECTED THE MESS WILL BE THE ONE WHO TAKES THE FALL.
IF HES SELF EMPLOYED WHICH MOST OF THE BUILDING TRADE ARE HE WILL GET SUED TO ****--AT VERY BEST.
AT VERY WORST HE WILL GET DONE FOR MANSLAUGHTER

Top Bottom