CISRS Inspection course, is it worth doing???

str3tchy

Reaction score
Can anyone on here that has done this course tell me if its worth doing?

Has it helped anyone get into work or is it just another lot off *****?

Any info would be appriciated lads

Hiya str3tchy,

Whether it's worth doing for you education wise would depend on the instructor and centre concerned and on your own abilities and experience etc.
I assume you are a scaffolder so really not much to learn except maybe update your understanding.
Where it is worth doing is for the fact that everyone likes to see a certificate these days so it must help with the chances of finding work.

Hope this helps, good luck

Can anyone on here that has done this course tell me if its worth doing?

Has it helped anyone get into work or is it just another lot off *****?

Any info would be appriciated lads

course is £500 well overpriced, I learnt diddlysquat on it, but if you get a better job or easier number out of it Scr3tchy it could be worth it, and not to forget you get the pleasure & cost of doing a refresher to renew the card every 5 years......:notrust:

course is £500 well overpriced, I learnt diddlysquat on it, but if you get a better job or easier number out of it Scr3tchy it could be worth it, and not to forget you get the pleasure & cost of doing a refresher to renew the card every 5 years......:notrust:

Was asking cause a see you need to wait 2 years to sit your advanced inspection, am looking to get my full advanced 2 week course and 2 day NVQ done within about 2 years and was thinking about getting it all done to coincide

Not too worried about what I'll learn, didnt really learn much on my scaffolding courses, learned it all from working beside and watching experienced scaffs and half expect this to be the same, was more wondering how it can further my career or is it a waste of money that way, dont know anyone my knowledge that has done the course

Every little helps, it could be the difference in you getting a job or not.
It could also be money wasted all depends on what you plan to do in the future.

Correct Swifty,,, having that bit of knowledge could yet cost me my job

Suppose mate, not really sure what my plans are to be honest, had a lot of problems in the past with my quilifications and it fucked me up for work for a couple of years while a had to start from scratch and fire through my part 1 and 2 again, just looking at every option to push myself on an make sure am never struggling like that again

You could be the best scaff and inspector in the world but without the ticket you don't get the job, You could be the worst but you have the ticket you get the job. Not my idea of right, but unfortunately thats the way it is.

If you can afford it str3tchy,go for it mate,theres no downside to holding extra tickets,and surprisingly it might give you a better knowledge on the saftey side. GBP may dis agree,but it did for me. As for job opportunities,you would want a load of contacts with different building companies, remember..its 7 day inspections ...maybe others out there can give you better advice. Good luck mate

I done it last year surrounded by MOD employees,learnt nothing,but another so called string to the bow,

$$$

I done it last year surrounded by MOD employees,learnt nothing,but another so called string to the bow,

The more money you have in this game the more qualified you get even if your name is bubbles.

I did the course a while back.. but if your advanced CISRS then you can inspect advanced scaffolds anyway...

Top Bottom