CITB dumps CSCS (2 Viewers)

Very interesting but what will happen to us ?

Who will renew our cards ?
Do we still need a touch screen test ?
What will happen to training courses ?
Will we have to carry out new training for the new cards that will come out ?
How much will it cost to register ?
How much will the new card last ?

Ragscaff have the SCCR discussed this at any meeting (on the QT)

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

CITB cuts ties with industry skills card scheme
28 April 2011 | By Iain Withers

PRINTEMAIL
COMMENTSAVE

Related Articles

CITB unveils three-year training grant bonus
19 Apr 11
CITB seeks cash to train workers for the Green Deal
15 April 2011
CITB levy: For and against
17 Mar 11
CITB earmarks £25m new training cash
11 Mar 11
Move marks end of 16-year tie-up with the Construction Skills Certification Scheme

The future of the industry’s skills card scheme was thrown into question this week after the CITB revealed it is cutting its ties with the scheme.

CITB-ConstructionSkills - which administers the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS), used by over 1.6 million workers - revealed it has put its contract on notice.

The move, prompted by commercial differences, ends an often turbulent 16-year partnership. Sources close to the situation claimed personality clashes and disputes over how income had been divided between between the two bodies had contributed to the schism.

The news has sparked fears that the CSCS card scheme will be damaged by the end of its association with the industry’s government-backed skills council.

CSCS cards are demanded as proof of occupational competence by most major clients and contractors on sites.

James Wates, chairman of CITB, admitted the relationship had been difficult but dismissed any suggestion of a recent falling out.

He said: “It’s been a challenging relationship because it’s been a difficult contract for both sides to work within. But I don’t think there’s been real dissonance.
“The [recent] disagreement was around detailed terms of the contract, which I won’t go into because they’re commercial.”

Mark Farrar, CITB chief executive, said: “CITB continues to fully support the scheme for the duration of our agreed contract.”

The notice period will last five years unless the two parties terminate the contract earlier by mutual agreement.

The CSCS indicated it will consult on how best to administer the scheme.

The falling out between two bodies has provoked dismay from the industry.

One source close to the CSCS said: “You’ve got to ask questions when two boards that are drawn from the same organisations can’t agree.”

So Now What Happens? The Whole Situation Is Farcical, When The Governing Bodies Cant Get Their Act Together What Hope Is There For The Rest Of Us.I Sense New Card Scheme Coming Up.More Money Down The Lavvie.

Could it be that they were not happy with the standard of training provided, a point often discussed here.

At the present moment we have invited Cskills to a meeting to discuss future plans. To date no one has responded.

No wonder!!

Stewart Quinney

more money, more goal posts changed - yet again

Could it be that they were not happy with the standard of training provided, a point often discussed here.

A very good point. But I don't see there being any great change in the way they do the training. Which is a pity because there are far too many people on the loose with scaffolding cards who alas simply aren't worthy of them.
In the meanwhile Chaos reigns supreme with our Lords and Masters, What's new there though.

Support the SCCR, From small acorns, grow great Oaks. Join now. This is your voice and chance to make a difference.

Regards
Paddy

I would reiterate Paddys call---this may be the chance of a life time---they are devided---make the difference---let your voice be hears or forever hold your piece---your choice---march or die...

cscs what a joke,,where does this leave you on applications for jobs where cscs cards are required to secure the position. Just got mine as a trainee site manager despite nearly 20 years experience absolute farce. come on sccr,strike while theres confusion

gravy train

1.6 million workers, £17 for test £23 for card every 5 years = £12.8 million a year for doing f@@@ all! no wonder they are arguing over the cash

h&s test

did my h&s test this morning signed in at 10.15 signed out at 10.27 with my pass certificate .what a waste of my time and money

Well,well well. hear we go again......... The Pot of gold has run dry again. What a total bunch of Nice training providers, sorry dont know how to spell *****.

This could actually work in our favour, with a little tinkering and tailoring. I will say no more, rather than a vote of 'No Confidence' and ........... nah i will not go down those lines yet.

SCCR, have smelt the prey, release the Hounds, and gather up our Arms.;)

Dont ever think guys, that they ever,ever,would try and bring a new card out.......We are now going to be 'Piggy in the middle ' again. remember....... CITB cards....ECITB cards and CISRS cards,.

I leave you to ponder, what influence if any has the SCCR had on this :D:D:D:D

Top Bottom