Safelinx Board Retainer - Simple, Quick, Safe... Across the Board (2 Viewers)

Flynn Design Solutions

Reaction score
"The biggest single cause of accidents to scaffolders is not falls from height ... but slips, trips and falls on the same level."- 2008 NASC safety report.

This shows that the safety benefits of securing scaffold boards are undeniable, not just for scaffolders, but for any site operative using scaffolding on a regular basis.

The problem is that until now, traditional scaffold board retention methods have been considered awkward and time-consuming. Resulting, more often than not, in people being content to save time by continuing to work with unsteady, displaced and missing boards.

Safelinx scaffold board retainers are an innovative new product offering many benefits.
They:

• Are incredibly simple and effective, making them easy to fit - right first time, every time.

• Save a huge amount of time, taking approx 20 seconds per fleet to fit, compared to around three to five minutes for more traditional methods - and give a better result!

• Dramatically improve onsite safety by effectively securing multiple fleets of boards.

• Reduce the number of items on site.

• Help you to comply with SG4.5 safety guidelines.

• Offer value for money, and are manufactured from recycled materials, saving costs for your budget, and for the environment.

The current HSE drive to reduce slips, trips and falls requires positive action.

SAFELINX is the answer.

Safelinx scaffold board retainers are easy to install and effective enough
to ensure everyone's safety onsite.

For more information, click here to visit the Safelinx page on our website or contact us by email. Also see it in action at our You Tube Channel

Flynn Design Solutions Ltd

Attachments

• Safelinx Plan View.jpg
    Safelinx Plan View.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 227
  • scaffold bay assembly2, 05-08-09, Image 1.jpg
    scaffold bay assembly2, 05-08-09, Image 1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 279
  • scaffold bay assembly2, 05-08-09, Image 2.jpg
    scaffold bay assembly2, 05-08-09, Image 2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 213
  • scaffold bay assembly2, 22-06-09.jpg
    scaffold bay assembly2, 22-06-09.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Do these fix to the scaffolding & are they designed to prevent uplift due to wind loading?

f&d

Just viewed your youtube vid---on the face of it a very good product...

Missed the youtube link, so I see they are zip tied to ledgers now :embarrest:

aye, a pretty nifty piece of kit, simply in application and effective a good addendum to the accessories locker, the question is will this product replace the traditional Wire/Rope lashing ???

I'd be interested in their load bearing capacity - I guess the zip ties would snap before that was reached though
Anyone know the tensile strength of the zip ties? :laugh:

Jon

Are you referring to and have you got concerns with regard to the upward thrust of Wind Force Velocity ? and yield point of zip connectors to Ledger ?...

Do these fix to the scaffolding & are they designed to prevent uplift due to wind loading?

Fastening boards using Safelinx does help to prevent uplift due to wind loading (have a look at the end of the video on You Tube where we attempt to lift the boards and nearly lift the whole scaffold), in addition to this it prevents the boards creeping and moving due to foot traffic eliminating small trip hazards and gaps that can appear over time.

Jon

Are you referring to and have you got concerns with regard to the upward thrust of Wind Force Velocity ? and yield point of zip connectors to Ledger ?...

No 'concerms' Gar, as I am not (yet) endorsing the product (& am not sure it is meant for that particular application), but you have hit the nail on the head regarding my 'interest'
One zip tie could be resisting an upload force of approx. 170Kg (quick calc assuming 30m high scaffold, on the coast)

aye, a pretty nifty piece of kit, simply in application and effective a good addendum to the accessories locker, the question is will this product replace the traditional Wire/Rope lashing ???

Thanks for the comments. The speed of install (20 seconds/per unit) and its effectiveness will most definately give rope lashing a run for its money. It also takes out the potential human error factor of poor lashing, we've all seen jobs where the lashing becomes a trip hazard.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

No 'concerms' Gar, as I am not (yet) endorsing the product (& am not sure it is meant for that particular application), but you have hit the nail on the head regarding my 'interest'
One zip tie could be resisting an upload force of approx. 170Kg (quick calc assuming 30m high scaffold, on the coast)

We have had some testing done and it tops out at around 330kg using 7.8mm nylon cable ties.

Interesting - so with a FOS of 2 & referring to my quick calcs, could be a viable option to prevent uplift :D

Very interested to hear your professional opinion on the product, although we appreciate this is not an endorsement.

We have had interest from a few construction management companies who see its potential as a best practice item and feedback like this is very helpful.

f&d

All good points specially board creep, there is also the provision of security, I would expect that pilfering of boards would be difficult ?...

Very interested to hear your professional opinion on the product, although we appreciate this is not an endorsement.

We have had interest from a few construction management companies who see its potential as a best practice item and feedback like this is very helpful.

Best of luck promoting it - would be good to develop this into a 'recognised' uplift prevention system & from initial discussions this does seem viable

hello nick wondered when your chris (kwikstage) would point you in this direction, looks like the invention is making headway:)

f&d

With regard to Wire/Rope lashings---there may be a case for replacing Wire/Rope Lashings in some Structures, given that I have seen some Lashing that resemble rabbit snares or hurdles :eek: LOLoooooo...

f&d

All good points specially board creep, there is also the provision of security, I would expect that pilfering of boards would be difficult ?...

The security benefit is definately a byproduct of fastening them down, it would only be a deterrent though.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

hello nick wondered when your chris (kwikstage) would point you in this direction, looks like the invention is making headway:)

Hi Ste, making headway slowly but surely. Have you checked out the You Tube link? What do think of it?

f&d

The provision of retaining the ends of the boards may be of value when wet boards are deployed in Hot environments such as Offshore Modules and Power Stations ect...the retention strip may go some way in preventing warped ends and thus mitigate against trips...looks like you may be on a winner here Guys...

f&d

The provision of retaining the ends of the boards may be of value when wet boards are deployed in Hot environments such as Offshore Modules and Power Stations ect...the retention strip may go some way in preventing warped ends and thus mitigate against trips...looks like you may be on a winner here Guys...

Thanks for the encouraging comments, its always difficult to break new products onto the market and feedback like you have given is invaluable.

Top Bottom