How much can you do with a PASMA card? (1 Viewer)

D

Dazzc

I won't name names, but there is a scaffolding company in my area who use an alloy system scaffold which is a very similar design to kwikstage.

I've been told by lads who have worked there that they are putting their scaffolders (I use the term loosely) through their PASMA cards to get around them needing CISRS cards. The catch is, because it is a system scaffold and its not made of steel, they are putting it up under PASMA cards.
I know you don't need a CISRS card to put system scaffolds up but surely this is stretching it a bit.

I did my PASMA card years ago and nowhere in the course did you learn anything about drilled ties, cantilevers or anything much more than putting up aluminium towers.

This company are doing a lot scaffolds on council houses where you have to use drilled ties unless the pull tests say the brickwork isn't suitable.

Must have found a loop hole in the regs, but I would have thought you need a CISRS card to put up system. What about an office block 15-20 stories done in system, cant see you allowed put that up on just a system ticket.

I am afraid that may be the way the scaffolding Industry is heading

Train unskilled labour to erect a certain system scaffold,Design and produce working drawings for the worker to follow and pay him £7 per hour

I do not think that the height the scaffold is erected is an issue as it would have been taken into account when the drawings were commissioned

For drilling and erecting ties I think a half day course is the norm,many scaffolders have not had this training in any case

As long as the workers follow the reg,s for working at height and deploy thier PPE in a propper manner I could argue a case that the workers were "competent" in using the system

I know you don't need a CISRS card to put system scaffolds up but surely this is stretching it a bit.

I did my PASMA card years ago and nowhere in the course did you learn anything about drilled ties, cantilevers or anything much more than putting up aluminium towers.

You do need a CISRS card to erect system scaffold.

There's a seperate PASMA course for adaptions and building over roofs etc.
My card is only for towers

There is a firm in London been around a lot of years that use zip up towers for nearly everything , i have seen them put these things up tower block .
They had a major collapse of a massive bird cage in a theatre years ago where men where seriously hurt got a massive fine and just carried on , to there credit they do sometimes use tube now and again these days .

Wonder what the height limit is, I know there is a base to height ratio, but you could'nt have a wide base on a street.

Think the base height ratio only applies without ties... done my PASMA years back, and I keep it up to date, but what a pile of ****....

I remember that job phil,i had to help strike it
claret everywhere was the roundhouse in camden
and me being the smallest i had to go in the bowsmans chair.They struck the birdcage and just stacked the gear on the lifts instead of getting it out and the whole thing concertinered on itself-bcm if i can remember right.

Wonder what the height limit is, I know there is a base to height ratio, but you could'nt have a wide base on a street.

worked for kwikform some years ago erecting alloy towers when i 1st started scaffolding.did'nt need pasma ticket back then.10m with outriggers 50m tied every 2nd frame comes to mind might be wrong

worked for kwikform some years ago erecting alloy towers when i 1st started scaffolding.did'nt need pasma ticket back then.10m with outriggers 50m tied every 2nd frame comes to mind might be wrong
Sinders,
Were they normal doubles, reason I ask is, I bought a load of mixed fittings a few year back and found about 20 doubles made from alloy, the only part that was steel were the bolts and nuts, had never seen that type before.

my mates pasma card come in very handy once when i had a piece of spam stuck between my molers well worth the money.

You Kneed A cisrs Card To Erect Any Scaffold Be It System Or Tube, And You Should Have The System Add On If You Are Working Any Where Near The Street Or (Public Interface)You Should Have The Jobsworths Around Demanding To See It.

Top Bottom