Are There Any Polish Scaffolders Out There?

came accross a few mate, worked with a good lad called david, he ended up gettin transfered out to the isle of grian as a scaff/ translater , thats a bit of multi taskin, lol ,

I have come across a few and some of them are a bit crafty with the old 'no understand' when there is alot to do but other than that they have been real hard working guys

Hey there.Slav here.And yes i am polish.U canNot find many tube technicians that come from poland.there is no such trade but saying that after a bit of research quite interesting thing came to my attention.loads of effort and thinking is put towards scaffolding and having properly trained lads coming back to poland u may expect quite a boom.hse in poland is quite strict-i know it from experience as a vet technician.i prefer to feel the steel than to collect bulls sperm.

i have worked with polish scaffolders as far back as the 80s there a few working for firms in London but you wont get any from Magnars as bill leane keeps them working for 18 hours a day

try pavca woodski

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there.Slav here.And yes i am polish.U canNot find many tube technicians that come from poland.there is no such trade but saying that after a bit of research quite interesting thing came to my attention.loads of effort and thinking is put towards scaffolding and having properly trained lads coming back to poland u may expect quite a boom.hse in poland is quite strict-i know it from experience as a vet technician.i prefer to feel the steel than to collect bulls sperm.

hi slav,

you'd sooner be a scaff than a vet??? is that here or there? can you get vet work here and still prefer to learn the tubes?

I`ve been working with and/or alongside polish scaffolders every day for the past 4-5 years.
Currently working as a foreman/supervisor at the Ormen Lange gas processing plant on the coast of Norway, I`d say we have (of the top of my head) about 50 polish guys on rotation here, which would be roughly half our guys.

Top notch guys, all of them, and great scaffolders, with a genuine interest in HSE and the safety regulations and procedures we have here.

If there`s anyone in this thread that`s been either on the Ormen Lange construction, or on maintenance after, give a shout.

Top Bottom