worst firm/boss you have ever worked for (1 Viewer)

worst firm

worked for one firm for two weeks and one day jacked in cos they were crap. they didnt pay me my last days pay .when i phoned up to ask why they hadn't paid me they sounded surprised and said sorry mate thought you were dead. turns out some poor sod with the same name as me and living in the same town got murdered for his mountain bike. still waiting for my money.

toss up between etha services from clitheroe lancashire, what a fooked up firm that was, 2 brothers who were cladders/roofers they had no idea, they sent me on my IPAF said i wouldn't get paid for day (saturday) but they would pay for course, if i left no problem, when i left they had money from me for course, they were truly shocked when i took them to tribunal, fookin knobs got IPaf money back

others were howorth scaffolding from church lancashire, the MD ian howorth was in papers last week for drink driving & wrecking police cars, serves him right an ex roofer who landed lucky, talked a good job, was even chairman of blackburn commerce, fook me they must have looked stupid when he got locked up...

probably loads more:)

Worked for a firm called NRG for a month or 2,the gaffer got 2 of us working solid over the xmas holiday,come the start of january after the backlog of mail got delivered we found we both had a letter saying we were laid of from the 22nd dec,slippery tw.t knew that and didnt bother to inform us,he shot off down London,we got shaffted for the work..Managed to have away about 10 tonne of his gear as a little bonus for ourselves. lol:D

My old man was murder to work for when I was a chargehand, he'd go out of his way to show everyone else that he wasnt doing me any favours, to the point where I would get all the crap jobs with crap money! Its who you know I guess!!! LOL

Kwikform uk glasgow branch(now interserve with different management)
Cheap gits that wanted you to sweat blood for a crap wage unless you were a golden boy and got the cream jobs, yes i'm talking about the Doc and Baby John.
No matter how much you put up in a week they tried to bump you on your prices, in the office arguing with them week after week after week just trying to get your agreed upon money

that has to be hands down no compitetion,hertel services, absolute shower of tossers,u qualify for managment for being the biggest cuuunt you can be,asking for holidays or time off is frowned upon.pyeroy come a very close 2`nd.since the downturn they decided the wages/union rates could take a downturn too. a clown company run by clowns for clowns.

I think SGB gets bad press because it is (was) a big employer, I worked for Nottingham branch for a number of years and overall found it a good experience, but as mentioned in past posts the company is now a shadow of its former self.

I think we are all gonna have mixed opinions on differnt companys I think personally it depends on the manager you get on that job. I find personally sgb are penny pinchers.

that has to be hands down no compitetion,hertel services, absolute shower of tossers,u qualify for managment for being the biggest cuuunt you can be,asking for holidays or time off is frowned upon.pyeroy come a very close 2`nd.since the downturn they decided the wages/union rates could take a downturn too. a clown company run by clowns for clowns.

Who did you have problems with at Hertel mate? I worked for them over in Ireland, got some good guys on there.

got to be ian howarth from hapton,he had us work in the rain,with t shirts while he was in top coat,he said he called it a day at one oclock,when we got wages was half a day short,when asked he said we had gone early,so when it happened again,we carried on,this time he was getting wet to,he was nearly scriking to go home,so we said if we get paid we will stop.he agreed.:D

Got to be Shaun Cassidy at Atherton Scaffolding. Dont know how they have kept the contract to do the scaffolding at the Fosters Brewery in Manchester.
The guy doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Was working to finish a edge protection H/rail on a friday night it got to 5'o clock he fucked of home saying his wife needed a bath left the other 2 of us their till bout 7 o clock.
Always hiding from work I never knew it took 5 hrs to check bout four small scaffolds and sign scafftag. Always fucked of to go see someone when we had a graft on and came out with things like "why have a dog and bark yourself" and calling labourers "underlings" ****!

sgb glasgow was an excellent company,money,men,jobs used to be vgood.now i hear they have fallen by the wayside.

I work for sgb london, have done so for the last 4 odd years... first 2 years.. good jobs, good blokes, ok pay, lots of overtime.. put you through your part 1, 2 and assesments no probs... but the last two years.. pay cut, little overtime, **** hours... and some big cunts in the office. SGB, or Harsco as it is now known, has really gone down hill.

Latest job had one knob jockey from the office turn up every time we had a lorry out telling us to do this and that and when questioned how many years he had been scaffolding he looked puzzled... "Oh I am just in management.. never touched a spanner in my life". ...
Downhill.. downhilll... downill....

rob garbett and tony sheriden of scaffold services west midlands cant get a word in edgeways. horrible cunts

this should be fun!
Laing O'Rouke 2008 at the Isle of Grain it was like working in the 1970's. Nobody in management gave a f**k and was completely overlooked by Alstom safety.

When I raised my concerns about about the quality of the scaffolding to senior management (or the lack of it) I was told basically deadlines mean more than some Polish chippie's life or the poor b*****d he lands on.
Absolute shower of s**t I would not trust them to scaffold a matchbox.

Last edited:
Kwikform uk glasgow branch(now interserve with different management)
Cheap gits that wanted you to sweat blood for a crap wage unless you were a golden boy and got the cream jobs, yes i'm talking about the Doc and Baby John.
No matter how much you put up in a week they tried to bump you on your prices, in the office arguing with them week after week after week just trying to get your agreed upon money

yeah i know what you mean i currently work for that managers new firm and its the same scenario, jc still getting the cream

tell the lads that the sniper says hello would you mate?

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

worse boss ever was a wee bawbag who worked for SGB n his name is mark wlker who thought he new everything but infact new feck all lads!. best gaffer ever, well that would have to be scott hunter,now he looks after his men...

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

mark walker

Top Bottom