drug testing (1 Viewer)

dundeescaff

Reaction score
alrite lads , just a warning re drug tests . went for induction this morning at forth road bridge wi sgb which inc d and a test never had a pint fae friday n my drug days are long gone but test come back as a fail :( asked gaffer what for n it turns out to be opiates which include coke,smack,methodone etc havin never touched them in my life couldnt understand the reasons it was in my piss :confused: it turns out the solpadeine painkillers i took at 6.30 this morning contain codeine which is an opiate n will show up on ur test s no start today:( fair play to the gaffer he believes my story n ive to go back tommorrow for second test which should b fine so as i say watch what ure takin innocently for headache,hangover etc it may cost u a start without u knowing:sad:

You have to be careful with quite a lot of medications these days. The amount of sports people that get banned for having things like cough medicine is ridicolous.

I saw on mythbusters once that having poppyseed cake or bread can be enough to test positive for opiates!

This reminds me of a funny situation I encountered.

Whilst employed by a different company I sent one of the lads on his Part 2, whilst there he was tapped up by a couple of lads who were jumping ship and going to Laing O Rourke on the promise of big money as soon as they had finished the course without even going back to the employers who had initially sent them. Now my man thinks he's gonna have some of that and does the same as his hombre's. Now let me tell you I was plenty p*ssed about the situation and after a few phone calls I found out exactly what had happened (Spineless w*nker wouldnt answer his phone or respond to texts) and where he was but at the end of the day what could I do?? His decision was made and although it had cost him his week in hand and what was left of his holidays (Pre Training Agreement) he obviously thought it was a good trade.

Now matey boy likes a toke on the old Jamaican Woodbines out of work time and various other recreational narcotics (Each to their own) and after about 2 weeks into his new Carlos Fandango job gets wind that the site he is on is going to be visited by LOR Drug Testers, well the big day arrives and the (non)surprise testers turn up on site, he didnt even take a chance with the test and jumped the site hoarding as soon as they turned up and promptly f*cked off!!

I couldnt believe it when they cheeky c*nt rang ME up asking for his old job back....You all know the answer to that one!!

Strange how things have a habit of evening out.:D

Last edited:
good story pw just shows the grass isnt always greener :smile1: then again maybe it was on the other side o the fence he jumped over to escape the test haha your right sf i checked the net when i got home from bridge n it tells u what opiates are n poppy seeds r listed as a possible fail good joab i didnt eat my poppy cakes before i took my painkillers this morning or i would have been that high i couldve floated to edinburgh;)

a load of executives(in london) lost their jobs because they tested positive for opiates,which turned out to be the poppy seed beagals they were getting delivered for breakfast every morning.
you have to be so careful with stuff like that

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

alrite lads , just a warning re drug tests . went for induction this morning at forth road bridge wi sgb which inc d and a test never had a pint fae friday n my drug days are long gone but test come back as a fail :( asked gaffer what for n it turns out to be opiates which include coke,smack,methodone etc havin never touched them in my life couldnt understand the reasons it was in my piss :confused: it turns out the solpadeine painkillers i took at 6.30 this morning contain codeine which is an opiate n will show up on ur test s no start today:( fair play to the gaffer he believes my story n ive to go back tommorrow for second test which should b fine so as i say watch what ure takin innocently for headache,hangover etc it may cost u a start without u knowing:sad:

any chance you can give me the number for a start on the forth bridge

Suprised these random drug visits arent becoming more frequent nowadays when you think the responsibility scaffs have,hse and co have clamped down on everything else concerning the scaffs,course for tying bootlaces next.A lad i worked with offshore a couple of years ago got dipped at the check in,that finished him off for the season after he provided a positive sample.Each to their own i suppose..

too true mightymouse but i think we will b ok not much call for poppy seed bagels in our game m8 :) im currently workin for gb m8 just gettin transferred to bridge for amonth cos weve no work in dundee so i dont know if there takin on as such but u can fone the edinburgh yard 01314588100 prob better chance for the rail bridge m8 good luck

your right daz on certain jobs im surprised there isnt more testing done but it would have to be everyonr n not just us every job has a danger element if ur not fully focused for whatever reason but then u can have men in the same position as myself this morning innocently taking an over the counter painkiller not knowing it would show as a fail there would be a large grey area i think

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

no probs m8 hopefully get started thursday ill try n find out the crack n let u know whats what

Agree with you dundeescaff,all trades should be treated the same but us scaffs have the image dont we :D

This reminds me of a funny situation I encountered.

Whilst employed by a different company I sent one of the lads on his Part 2, whilst there he was tapped up by a couple of lads who were jumping ship and going to Laing O Rourke on the promise of big money as soon as they had finished the course without even going back to the employers who had initially sent them. Now my man thinks he's gonna have some of that and does the same as his hombre's. Now let me tell you I was plenty p*ssed about the situation and after a few phone calls I found out exactly what had happened (Spineless w*nker wouldnt answer his phone or respond to texts) and where he was but at the end of the day what could I do?? His decision was made and although it had cost him his week in hand and what was left of his holidays (Pre Training Agreement) he obviously thought it was a good trade.

Now matey boy likes a toke on the old Jamaican Woodbines out of work time and various other recreational narcotics (Each to their own) and after about 2 weeks into his new Carlos Fandango job gets wind that the site he is on is going to be visited by LOR Drug Testers, well the big day arrives and the (non)surprise testers turn up on site, he didnt even take a chance with the test and jumped the site hoarding as soon as they turned up and promptly f*cked off!!

I couldnt believe it when they cheeky c*nt rang ME up asking for his old job back....You all know the answer to that one!!

Strange how things have a habit of evening out.:D

Haha! Karma possibly?:D

Top Bottom