whats the highest job everyones erected how many lifts etc (1 Viewer)

Scaff369

Erected a hanger to replace a stainless steel flare tip on the flare boom of the Brent B---feck knows how high, but we were pissing on the sea gulls backs that were flying below us :eek: nose bleeds and oxgen masks LOlooooooooooooowwwwooooooooooooooooooooosh:nuts:

Garry our bait cabin was higher than that m8,
Did a job a few years ago, had to be finished in 12hrs, any longer you would bump your heed on the moon:embarrest:

cue all the scaffolders in london over 35 telling you they were on canary wharf - there must have been about 10 000 scaffs on that job;).

i stripped a hanger on the british airways tower on the Cromwell road, nothing between the ground and me cept 160ft of fresh air. the fact he'd put me with 2 fookin doughnuts from the local bakery who were scared to come out onto the balcony to take the gear off me, didn't help. T'was a bit hairy, I don't mind saying.

does this count as the highest job

a gang from palmers manchester branch were sent to do a dropper under the pithead gear(over the open shaft) near stoke in the eighties (no harness's then) when they finished they asked how far down the cage was as it couldn't be seen.it's at the bottom was the reply 3000feet!!!!!!!

Highest job built from the ground up was 29 x 2m lifts with a 3m base lift.

Funnily enough I did work on Canary Wharf...:)

Not when it was being built, but we did a truss out scaffold for the abseil that was done on it a few times. Was on record breakers a few years ago.
This was built of the roof just where the pyramid starts.

Can't claim anything out of the ordinary on this one, did a tower up Glen Mavis gas tank, think it was 23 or 24 x2m lifts. Probably worked on higher but can't think of anything just now

forth rail bridge

i worked on the forth rail bridge some big jobs on that some where nearly 50 lifts up the coloums:sick:

nothing to shout about, seven sisters blocks of flats in rochdale 19x3m lifts & top lift 2m, we did all 7 blocks for interserve, was gkn then it had double standards to 10th lift then they dropped off, tons & tons of gear in it, top 10 lifts boarded was a bit hairy passing boards up each time:eek:

highest ive been when i was working in gran canaria working on the leivi ericsson rig it was a 1 lift platform but it was right at the top of the tower must of been a gud few 100ft above ground level but in lifts mine has to be the water tower in bae systems 20 x 2m lifts

Highest job built from the ground up was 29 x 2m lifts with a 3m base lift.

Funnily enough I did work on Canary Wharf...:)

Not when it was being built, but we did a truss out scaffold for the abseil that was done on it a few times. Was on record breakers a few years ago.
This was built of the roof just where the pyramid starts.

I think I remember watching that, was it some bird that broke the record?

I think I remember watching that, was it some bird that broke the record?

Not sure about that, long time ago now...
I know some bird shat her pants over the edge and had to come back up.

Ive got some pics somewhere, I will see if I can find them and upload.

Dave.

Worked at Lafarge Cement Works in Richmond, Vancouver, the hanger we did off the steel was well over 450ft, I read an earlier post by Gary about pissing on the seagulls, well we had bald eagles nesting up there lol.

the highest job ive ever erected was a job on bootle flats n that was 66lifts

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

66lifts high n thta was during the last eclisp

From the ground up 65 lifts 400ft on T101 baytown refinery US. And victoria tower houses of parliment cant remeber how many lifts it was though. I done a truss out so for the eutal sat project on the bt tower 580 ft . once you past 100ft theres not much diffrence

Last edited:
for me rugeley power station 48 lifts high lucky to go over 3 now lol

Presco doubles are the best

BT TOWER IN CENTRAL B'HAM. THE THING WAS SWAYIN AND I WAS POOPIN:amazed:

i worked on Burj Khalifa it was great but humping 5 5's up the ladder to the top lift was a bit tiring

Recently...it was an 8ft tower x 2 lifts I erected (Yes...I can still do it after all these years off the tools!!....Just!!) in my back garden to fix my leaking gutter!!

Whist with SGB we did some tower blocks in Hull that were 22 lifts (3m Tower Block Lifts) but that was back in the early 90's so everythings a bit hazy..you know that all comes to us at a certain age!!

The highest I have worked from (when I was on my tools) must be when I was doing a hanger of the Humber Bridge towers (approx 510ft) 155.5m high to be exact...:toung:

PW which flats where their, I have done some of them when I was at GKN and the ones on Anlaby Road are getting erected now by a Doncaster firm.

Top Bottom