spanners (1 Viewer)

big witts

Reaction score
need a new spanner wat is the best on the market and reasonable priced i usually use leaches ?

personal choice mate, I use a Leach's titanium...

I think so mate, cost about £90 though...

makita drills fast as no need for spanners eney moor .........

explain please jersey mark

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

dont mind the cost debs ....thanks

makita drills fast as no need for spanners eney moor

I don't think so. Wait till the next time you're working in a confined space(eg. in and around pipework) and see how good your Makita drill is then. It may be a good addition but it's no replacement for the trusty spanner.

Never used one of those drills, but have a 1000ft cantilever on a pipe rack up about 18 months and will be striking it shortly, contemplating maybe getting one as some of the fittings are bound to be seized, if it saved a day my thinking is it would pay for itself x times over.

Never used one of those drills, but have a 1000ft cantilever on a pipe rack up about 18 months and will be striking it shortly, contemplating maybe getting one as some of the fittings are bound to be seized, if it saved a day my thinking is it would pay for itself x times over.

Had a roof collapse on my scaff on Thurs, 40ft gable end 3 lifts like Robin Hoods bow, anyway you can imagine the tension on the ledgers as the front and back of the scaffold was still holding it up.

There was another scaffold gable end close to this scaffold from which i could work off. Makita IW stripping the nuts straight off the backs of the doubles, watching those ledgers spring.:eek::eek::eek:;)

Neil,

Do you stock the Nail-span Spanners?? if so, how much are they??

Cheers...

makita drills fast as no need for spanners eney moor .........

explain please jersey mark

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

dont mind the cost debs ....thanks

Hello big witts, new to forum just reading your quote about makita iw where's the best place to buy? Can you get any deals?

rushie - this is about the best price around at the moment for the Makita BTW251RFE Makita Lithium 18v Impact Wrench Makita BTW251RFE Lithium Wrench 2 x 3Ah Batteries & Charger Job Light £278.25

Also have a look at the Panasonic Wrench Panasonic EY7541LN2S 14.4V IMPACT WRENCH LI-ION 7541LN

If i didn`t already have the Makita this would be top of my list.

Thats what i got,(Makita one) mine was a bit more expensive. However, you will need to buy a 21mm extra long socket, Holster and Tool lanyard, Enjoy Scaff:D

**** lumping a drill around on my belt all day...

**** lumping a drill around on my belt all day...

If your on price, lump it around for half a day, then sit in a beer garden watching your fellow scaffs twirling;)

Anyway, i have relayed the benefits, as many before me have also stated. Dont knock it till you've tried it springs to mind.

Everyone to their own, i support, wholeheartedly, ...............As long as they have tried the item, and constrctive feedback will be more than welcome. I must admit, Doubting Thomas was my name, now Makita is my gain £££;)

i've been looking at these for a couple of years now, was waiting for my company to come back with a price from hilti but took the rep ages to send in a sample to try
, obviously too busy ther was 12 scaffs at our place, so that would have been 12 drills!. Garry Adams could be onto to a winner if he can get the wrench scaff specific and for the right price!

All in all with Garrys brains and knowledge it cant go far wrong, lets hope he can work this out!

Top Bottom