P60

Bundy

Reaction score
Probably a daft question but do you have to wait on this being posted out before making any claim? If so, when are they due?
Could be doing with the money, holiday to pay for :D

Probably a daft question but do you have to wait on this being posted out before making any claim? If so, when are they due?
Could be doing with the money, holiday to pay for :D
Hi Bundy,

Many apologies mate as I genuinely thought I’d replied to this when you posted it, (I definitely wrote out an answer and pressed the button, honest):unsure: however it looks like it never showed up in the thread.

Anyway, the short answer is that the employer has to have supplied you your P60 by 31st of May latest (by law) and must have submitted their ‘Employer Returns’ by 22nd May latest to HMRC.

For you to be able to claim, you can do it at any time after the 6th of April, however you must be totally sure that the figures you give regarding Income & Tax paid are wholly accurate.

Do please bear in mind that if you also receive any benefits from you employer that would be on a P11D then that can queer the pitch for you unless you take that into account or wait till you’ve had your P11D copy – But P11D’s don’t have to be submitted to HMRC until the 6th of July!

Top Bottom