hanging splay????? (1 Viewer)

hemper

Reaction score
evening all ok. for the first time in my 14 years of scaffolding i have done a job that i didnt think was possible a hanging splay. the bloke i done it with has 38 years of scaffolding behind him and oh my god that has got to be the best job ever done apart from being 60ft up of course lol. would like to know if any of you boys have done this job before i felt like a trainee again, but a very worth while lesson.

Hanging splay eh, never heard of it mate, some specs would be nice, always interested in new things

Hemper,
Well done mate. I have done a few.
As with all more complex structures a little forethought before you start smashing it up will always help.
This is the type of structure i would like to see introduced into the advanced course rather than a ramp!?!? which has taken over the flying shore (shakes head)

Did you use a alloy beam as a ledger so that you could punch up for the corner splay.

Hemper, missing something here! are you on about a flying shore or cinema hanger off wires? or sloping hanger or is this just other regions terminology for some thing else, soz for sounding thick!!

evening all ok. for the first time in my 14 years of scaffolding i have done a job that i didnt think was possible a hanging splay. the bloke i done it with has 38 years of scaffolding behind him and oh my god that has got to be the best job ever done apart from being 60ft up of course lol. would like to know if any of you boys have done this job before i felt like a trainee again, but a very worth while lesson.

Don't understand why you wouldn't think it was possible to do a hanging splayed scaffold?

hanging splay

hey sccotay 45 the structure that was built was basically a hanger on clips with doubles as check fittings, so like i say i have never done one before and dont really have much knowledge of the scaffold myself would be good to do one again

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

hi ya daz no there were no beams used for ledgers all the bays on the splay were 8ft long and there were 14 bays in the splay, so i think im right in saying you couldnt have used a beam anyway. but never having done a hanging splay before im not 100% certain on what you should put in the job to be honest.

hey sccotay 45 the structure that was built was basically a hanger on clips with doubles as check fittings, so like i say i have never done one before and dont really have much knowledge of the scaffold myself would be good to do one again

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

hi ya daz no there were no beams used for ledgers all the bays on the splay were 8ft long and there were 14 bays in the splay, so i think im right in saying you couldnt have used a beam anyway. but never having done a hanging splay before im not 100% certain on what you should put in the job to be honest.

Any Photo's Hemper? would be an interesting one to look at this.

Photos/ Gallery would be good

Hi Collo

I have asked SF Admin if we could have a gallery/ photo section so we could post picture of interesting/ bad scaffolds.

Which would be good to show others how some of the jobs are done or not done.

It is difficult with everbody having their own albums to see any of the photos.

Hope hemper can get some photos of the hanging splay.

Chris Eng

Should this scaffold had been a design job as per TG20:08 ????? :eek:
Old ways are not always the best way!!

no photos of the hanging splay wish i would have taken some pics now it was a good job to work on and the old boy i worked with made it look so simple bless him.

no photos of the hanging splay wish i would have taken some pics now it was a good job to work on and the old boy i worked with made it look so simple bless him.

Sorry hemper,

But what is a hanging splay, I have tried to visualize this for a long time now but all I come up with a cantilever around the corner of a building (hence a splay on a building is on a corner).

Please put me out of my misery.

ill take a guess he means a hung scaffold which goes around the splay of a building dont know what would be hard about that?!!!!

Was it a splay using your singles on your node points, up and over, and obviuosly checked, makes the boards run nicely over and under on your splay.. handy trick,,

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

hanging splay, i take it you used quite a lot of singles, up and over on your node point, and checked with double couplers, makes the boards sit on to each other, up and over.. looks tidy when finished.. dont forget your plan braces.

Top Bottom