PDA

View Full Version : Scaff number

wardy17
27th March 2011, 04:52 PM
Hiya,

I'm startin at a new firm tomoz, I'm a part 2 scaffolder. Does anyone know where I can get hold of my scaff number and UTR number.Cant find them anywhere.

Cheers

Wardy17

numbnuts
27th March 2011, 05:24 PM
should be on yur part two card.

scaff22
27th March 2011, 06:51 PM
Hi wardy17.
If wanna call the CISRS helpline on 01485577875. Av your full name,national insurance no. & where you did your training,they should be able to give you your scaffolders reg. no. & as for your UTR no. l think only the tax office can give you that.
Hope this helps.

daddycoolscaff
27th March 2011, 07:08 PM
first things first you need an accountant, what he will do is get you vat reistered and then he will obtain a cis4 or a utr No, so you can trade as a sole trader or be a ltd company,go ltd to protect ur home everytime ,get several quotes for ur public an employment liability.u need a minimum of whats known as five an five,five million employment,five million public.this is essential so you can apply for local goverment contracts.and most companies like to this but some dont bother.i found tony lordman of fml insureance brokers in south end on sea to be the most affordable,its all about the money,anticipate your turnover, and estimate your wages revenue,so if you turn over 200k your wages revenue wants to 42%,the wages revenue will always be 42% what ever you turn over.i hope this is of great help to you as i have just called it a day.wish you all the best and i know the hard works thats in front of you.a small tip always make sure your paper works up to date,you dont need an heath & safety policy if you have less than five men if i can help just call the daddy

philliosmaximus
27th March 2011, 07:23 PM
seems a bit sudden mate , why tomorrow and what happens tomorrow ? there is a lot more to running a business then an UTR number.

daddycoolscaff
27th March 2011, 07:37 PM
seems like he justgot out of bed an said thats it tomorrow iam my own boss hope it goes well

bigjay28
27th March 2011, 07:47 PM
is it for sterling

tubular design technician
27th March 2011, 08:45 PM
I think he means he is starting a new firm on cis rather than on the cards.
Not starting his own firm
Tax office for your UTR number, cisrs for your scaff reg number although that will be on your card if your a part 2 qualified scaff.

paddy carr
27th March 2011, 09:02 PM
I think he means he is starting a new firm on cis rather than on the cards.
Not starting his own firm
Tax office for your UTR number, cisrs for your scaff reg number although that will be on your card if your a part 2 qualified scaff.

My thoughts also.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Information You will need to Register as Self Employed and To get your UTR Number If you are registering to become self employed by phone or online, you should have all the following information to hand to avoid your registration timing out:

•Your name
•Your address
•National Insurance number
•Your date of birth
•A contact telephone number
•A contact email address
•The date your started as self-employment
•The type/nature of your business
•Your business address
•Your business telephone number
•UTR number if you were previously being Self Assessed
•The business’s UTR if you are joining an existing partnership