Re Tin Hat Roof Scaffold

spin1

Reaction score
We are raising the roof of our bungalow to add a second storey and are considering a Tin Hat scaffold - what would the approx cost be for 54 linear metres , 7 rises for 12 weeks?. Is it is cost effective solution since we have had quite high quotes due to the large footprint and just need to check what the usual cost should be.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Steve

welcome spin 1 have you advertised this project on "Tuxebo" as it seems to ring a bell with me,
the trouble is with the span on the truss which makes it a complex job , what is the distance from the front of the house to the rear ? as that will determine the price .
also it will need a scaffold design which all adds to cost .

Why do you need 7 lifts for a bungalow thats 14 meters high almost 50 foot ?

is that 54mtrs all round the property,you need to be more spacific give me the lay of the bungalow ,lenngth,then width.if ur anticipated job turn around is 12 weeks then if you run into overhre that would be 10%.going on the measurements you wony have much change out of 10k thers alot of work involved in this type of work its not something you can take lightly this job must pertain a drawing,if someone says they can do it without a drawing you risk a chance of the health & safety officer giving you a visit.and he has the power to have the scaffolding removed be carefull

Thanks for your quick reply - the bungalow is L shaped so the depth is 9.75m along one side and 13.25 m along the other side.The width is 13.6m . The height of the finished house is to be 6.8 metres so not sure how many rises that would be??

Regards Steve

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Thanks for your quick reply - the bungalow is L shaped so the depth is 9.75m along one side and 13.25 along the other side.The width is 13.6m. The height of the roof once completed 6.8m. Do you consider £10,000 is the going rate? Thanks Steve

4lifts then you rail for your beams would cover that and still leave clearance on your new ridge line, which you want to consider once the roof pitches down if the new ridge line is very close to the roof it will be a pain in the arse mucking ridges in!
Your also need two boarded lifts for your old roof and new roof level, lot more in a temp roof than meets the eye especially if done properly, wont be cheap and your be doing very well to have that all done in a 12 week turn around although rent is allways negotiable on the quote

What do you think the cost would be approx? Many thanks - appreciated.

Regards

Steve

Big up me Bungalow!

Hi Spin 1 - can't really comment on the price but would love to know more about the cost to extend upwards for the general build - ball park. I'm looking at the same thing for ours but haven't gone out for prices yet.

Definitely needs a design - might even be cheaper if you go for a system roof like Haki or Coverspan. Maybe try SGB or GKR if they are anywhere near you - normally get design thrown in for free.

Top Bottom