Anchor tie advice

regfenster

Reaction score
Hi I haven't been here for a while so I hope all is well.

Can someone recommend a simple to use anchor tie pull testing kit that I can get upto speed on pretty quick? and also a alternative to the m16 drop in anchor although I'd prefer an M16 ring bolt solution due to the amount of ring bolts lying around, does anyone have a link for the m16 re-usable drop in anchors based on a expanding rubber insert? I've seen these on other jobs, but cannot seem to find them anywhere?

kind regards

try amazon .co.uk key in your search fella only thing i can tell you the pull kits are exspensive or look for scaffolding companies in liquidation and see if you can strike a cash deal with the owner you should pick one up second hand for £400 may be abit less

Cheers paddy, I'll look into those, look like they could be a solution for brickwork application, I'll check their site for a product data sheet.

The issue I have with these pull testers is that they pull upto 20kn, I was taught that a drop in anchor in concrete was considered a fail with a pull load less than 6.8kn? Alot of what I do is on older buildings, surely a 20kn pull test will bring the wall down at worst or extract the brick at the very least. This based upon a standard independant scaffold, working platform 2kn per sq m

Last edited:
ancors ss

call john roberts at vj tecnoligy in asford kent sortd us out for yers at sgb get eney fixin you want metionon me mark Lawton u may get a disscont

In regard to Pull Test kits, try one of our forum sponsers these being Hydra Jaws, like us, if you buy a kit, they will come out and do some training and certificate all that attend, we had 12 of us done in one 1 hour sitting which was really good.

We have recently switched from the Drop in anchors system to 14mm plugs, rings and hook fittings which we have found very sucsessful...Its just the initial out lay. We use Apollo Fixings in the West Midlands.

In regard to Neoprene Anchors...We have used in the past but found them VERY expensive for basically carrying out the same operation as M16 drop ins.

Leachs sell the rubber drop in anchors , but thy aint cheap mate

Around £8 each but like anything cheaper the more you buy.
There a lot better to use than the metal anchors but not so reusable when idiots put them in so tight it either pops the brick or screw the ring in so tight the back gets left in the wall.

I am sure some scaffolders think the tighter you screw the hilti ring the better!
If you wanna save on money and reuse them do them up sensibly and dont over tighten the hilti rings either once it bites the anchor thans enough!

I have seen blokes using there spanners and butts to tighten the hilti rings over the years!!! Shocking

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

In regard to Pull Test kits, try one of our forum sponsers these being Hydra Jaws, like us, if you buy a kit, they will come out and do some training and certificate all that attend, we had 12 of us done in one 1 hour sitting which was really good.

We have recently switched from the Drop in anchors system to 14mm plugs, rings and hook fittings which we have found very sucsessful...Its just the initial out lay. We use Apollo Fixings in the West Midlands.

In regard to Neoprene Anchors...We have used in the past but found them VERY expensive for basically carrying out the same operation as M16 drop ins.

Apollo fixings are quality shame they aint used more tbh!

The reason we now fit a 20kN gauge on our Tester is that in certain conditions as set out in TG 4 an anchor may need testing to 18.5kN.
Testing can be carried out on anchors to 6.25kN ,12.5kN etc and you just read the gauge for the test load you require, for the anchor you use and the material that it is put into having first carried out a suitability test.The Hilti M16 HKD anchor should NOT be used in brickwork and a self cutting concrete screw anchor ideally suited for brick and most other materials are available from one of our Forum sponsers ADI Supply in the West Midlands.
Hydrajaws Ltd

Hi,

We are working on an alternatrive to the rubber anchor, but do also have several types of masonry bracket for use with the ringbolt. Get nb touch with us and we can help

The anchor you are referring too was made by HILTI and was a direct replacement for a m16 HKD for use in brickwork etc. However I have just checked their web site and it is out of production, probably because the rubber sleeves needed changing every couple of uses and nobody did! which was an accident waiting to happen.

Rubber Re-usable ties for sale

I have a stock of original Hilti rubber reusable anchors for sale... £4 each (half what leaches sell for). And they only other place to get them now! Get in touch 07732675887

you need to review sg4-11 will give u all the info u need- with reguards to the pull test
@ 20kn - thats just the max on the guage, depending on the type of scaffold class ur tieing or the calcs depends on the required pull for example most basic scaffolds fall into a light duty/standard duty catergory so your pull would be 3.5kn/6.1kn plus 1.25 x the design load
making your pull
light duty-5.25kn
standard-7.62kn
heavy- 15.25kn
hope this helps SP

Excalibers are the dogs,fast,cheap,re,usable,dont bother with anything else:cool:

I have a stock of original Hilti rubber reusable anchors for sale... £4 each (half what leaches sell for). And they only other place to get them now! Get in touch 07732675887

thanks for the prompt delivery craig ,good value for money & much appreciated, did i remember you saying you have the spec sheet for them as well:wondering:

thanks for the prompt delivery craig ,good value for money & much appreciated, did i remember you saying you have the spec sheet for them as well:wondering:

Yes, let me have your email address, i will send one across tomorrow.

thanks,

Craig

I have original Hilti Rubber Anchors for sale. £4 each. Get in touch 07732675887

Around £8 each but like anything cheaper the more you buy.
There a lot better to use than the metal anchors but not so reusable when idiots put them in so tight it either pops the brick or screw the ring in so tight the back gets left in the wall.

I am sure some scaffolders think the tighter you screw the hilti ring the better!
If you wanna save on money and reuse them do them up sensibly and dont over tighten the hilti rings either once it bites the anchor thans enough!

I have seen blokes using there spanners and butts to tighten the hilti rings over the years!!! Shocking

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Apollo fixings are quality shame they aint used more tbh!

Top Bottom