Leaches (1 Viewer)

paul

Reaction score
Couple of months ago i bought a double frog and a ratchet from Leaches ,
the rivets holding the frog together have come apart and now the ratchet is faulty as in missing teeth .
What is up with there stuff it just seems poor quality gear .

Is anyone else having problem with the gear .

In the past they were not to bad .

Wouldnt touch leaches with a barge pole. Much better gear around at vastly more realistic prices.

I've got leach's belt and frogs and had no probs, top gear... just call em up, they should change em...

Snowden frogs the best,had my double spanner frogs for 20ish years,hard to find new know, got leaches frogs within 6 months rivets popped out.Now held together with cable ties! GOD IM TIGHT WITH MONEY.

Only ever had 2 sets of belts/frogs since I started. Hung up now in semi-retirement.

Still got the originals somewhere, all zip-tied together.
Last set I had were given to me dirt cheap by the IMN guy as a sample set to test out. They were the webbing style, very light and lasted really well, only thing was the bubble wore a small hole where the round part rubbed on the frog.

If I were to get new stuff again, I wouldnt bother with Leaches, go to the forum sponsor or let you fingers do the work and do a search on the net, like I said before, loads more better quality at more realistic prices around.

Hi Paul

Have a look at our leather belts that are made here in Sheffield. They are guaranteed for life against faulty materials and manufacturing defects - Scaffolding Tool Belts | Buy Scaffold Belt > BuyBrandTools.com

Neil - BuyBrandTools

Hi Neil

Have seen you ship world wide but the reason i did not send back the faulty gear to Leaches is that it would cost to much and take up to thirty days to arrive in New Zealand .

My Family and i emmigrated to New Zealand three years ago from Bristol .

You might know that Leaches have a franchise here in New Zealand but the quality is quite poor and New Zealand would benefit from good quality tools and frogs as other than that we would have to goto Leather shop and have frogs made which can be hit and miss and cost a fortune.

Last edited:
No disrespect to Leaches but I don't know anyone who buys from them. Some of their prices must be dearer than Harrods.

Doubley fuckin deer , source all products cheaper elsewhere

my full belt and spanner is from leaches. and i havent had any problems with it as of yet.
but considering it was supplyied by cape i cant complain. i would not buy anything of them there gear is to fooking dear.

Leaches do the best quality gear, have you seen the ***** supplied by other companies ? a full belt will be around £100, titanium spanner £100, ratchet £20, stabila £25, tape £5,

Thats £250 for a top set of gear... **** me.. try buying a sparkie or joiners tool kit. :D

They do indeed but they sure are dear mate

Yeh.. they are the dearest, but way ahead of anything else I've seen, and how long they last ?? maybe 20 years ?

they are over priced i have found the stuff from buy brand is excellent quality at far more reasonable prices.

Yeh.. they are the dearest, but way ahead of anything else I've seen, and how long they last ?? maybe 20 years ?

nah the last time i brought leaches i had to take the spanner back in 2days
the hole was too big for the scroll pin, was told all they can do is fit a rivit type fixing which i didnt want
had me money back in the end

also had one of there bluey boxes once, didnt last as long as a brickie in the rain

leather items are ruined by cheap rivits or crap stitching

I hate leachs prices , but i dont think you can knock there gear its the only place i get spanners and belts from the rest i get else where

ive heard the bloke from southampton who done all the IMN gear is up and running again

I cant get to grip with them IMN spanners , always used a Burtons spanner till Leachs started making the Big Ben copies , which is all i have used since , just what i like as a lot of lads swear by the IMN spanners :)

Top Bottom