Underdeck 2000 Fitting (1 Viewer)

celtic

Reaction score
Anyone know if these fittings are available to buy, looked at them on the album pages and they look like a good idea?

Beam clamp that puts the load into the body of the fitting sitting on the beam flange instead of the load being transfered into the thread on the bolt, with 2 vertical fittings to hold the hanger.

Anybody used them or know if theres a data/spec sheet floating around with load tests etc?

Cheers

Celtic

is that those large cumbersome ones mate if so pm garry adams hes got the gen on them best of luck.

celticbhoy,

ye its those big f*ckers.

Still the design looks like it's a good one, taking the load off the bolt and having the hanger held vertical by 2 fittings saves you 1 check before you start like.

I sent Gary a message during the week about them and have got nothing back as yet.

Cheers

Celtic

weve spoke on them and they are not an at all popular fitting with the men,in fact i dont think they are in widespread use anymore...i may be corrected on that celtic,reasons being garry intimated to me the men just didnt like them,hope you get what your after mate,ill try get a hold of the bold yin put im on to you celtic.

Celticbhoy,

do you know if the lads did'nt like em just because they're heavy yolks of things or was it a fixing thing, not setting up plumb or the like.

I can see the heavy bit, and maybe the painters wont like em as the surface contact to go over after the strip would be a bit bigger, mind you painters dont like much!

just seems like 3 fittings in one to me, which makes sense and money.

Cheers

celtic

im sure the guy who invented them was as popular as the fitting itself,if my memory serves me right it was because they were so cumbersome celtic.garys really the authority on this particular poser im just recalling chat but ill do my upmost to link you with the bold yin hes been missing for a wee while as you know.

gary is ya man , in 20 years in this game ive never seen one

Celticbhoy,

cheers for the feedback, I will wait for the yin.

Cheers

celtic

celtic im sure there is a whole thread on this subject, try going to garry,s page and click on all threads , then quickly sqint down the titles till summit slaps ya daft, that will be the topic :nuts: in fact while im waiting for my choccy wheatabix i will have a slither around for ya:laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Cant find fook all bummer:toung:

I do not think the UD 2000 is in production anymore. My advice would be buy gravloks. The UD is heavy and cumbersome. Also if you dont fully undestand how to fit it it will jack itself open. As it has 2 bolts that tighten onto the steel, it should be remembered that only 1 of them can be tight, the other is just nipped to the steel, anybody using it for the first time who did not know would think both bolts have to be tight. If you only have one fitting on it and use it on droppers, while you are on the t piece the movement will make the dropper come loose so for safety we always tied through with a gravlok and a small butt. The man who invented and patented it was Ricky Morgan from Wales. Not seen or heard of him for years. Nickname for him on the TLP was "The Rig Cat" he had been on it so long. Pretty sure Garry thinks they were a great invention but every body else had their doubts. If we were building hangers over the side or underdeck then the gravlok was the fitting of choice. Inboard, then sometimes we would use it.

garys going speak to the guy i didnt want to try tell him summit i wasnt totally genned up on thanks for that info mannie good help lad.

Celtic

Themanniwinaename is correct the Man who invented them was Ricky ( never out of the Gym ) Morgan---I was cabined up with him on the TLP for a while ( he'd put gray hair on a sweeping brush ).

aye, Celtic you have identified one of the unique selling points in that the jaws of the UD 2000 is deployed on the flat thus eleaviating any exess stress on the threads---furthermore, with the provision of two bolts to the steel work this allows each bolt to be maintained ( wire brush and detol ) whilst the fitting is in situ---as with the double coupler on the dropper---the only thing that let the US 2000 was its self weight, however, apart from that it's not all that bad, it keeps all the couples you need to deploy a drop tube without the fecking about with a butt tube---swings and roundabouts---but I tell you something if your going for multi service cycles the UD will serve you well time after time---unlike some of the sh!te on the Market nowadays.

The other thing that went against the UD 2000 was that Ricky took it to the Oil and Gas Prime Movers and tried to cut out the Scaffolding Service Companies---this was a bad mistake---the Service Companies gave it bad press and the Oil and Gas prime movers back heeled it---there is a lesson there :cry:.

As for acquisition's Im not quite sure where you could get a load---perhaps from Neptune Scaffolding Co, PMSL...

Garry...

Celtic

Themanniwinaename is correct the Man who invented them was Ricky ( never out of the Gym ) Morgan---I was cabined up with him on the TLP for a while ( he'd put gray hair on a sweeping brush ).

aye, Celtic you have identified one of the unique selling points in that the jaws of the UD 2000 is deployed on the flat thus eleaviating any exess stress on the threads---furthermore, with the provision of two bolts to the steel work this allows each bolt to be maintained ( wire brush and detol ) whilst the fitting is in situ---as with the double coupler on the dropper---the only thing that let the US 2000 was its self weight, however, apart from that it's not all that bad, it keeps all the couples you need to deploy a drop tube without the fecking about with a butt tube---swings and roundabouts---but I tell you something if your going for multi service cycles the UD will serve you well time after time---unlike some of the sh!te on the Market nowadays.

The other thing that went against the UD 2000 was that Ricky took it to the Oil and Gas Prime Movers and tried to cut out the Scaffolding Service Companies---this was a bad mistake---the Service Companies gave it bad press and the Oil and Gas prime movers back heeled it---there is a lesson there :cry:.

As for acquisition's Im not quite sure where you could get a load---perhaps from Neptune Scaffolding Co, PMSL...

Garry...

Garry,
Were they stamped with a BS or EN number do you remember.?

Themanniewinaename

I cant remember---but I know that Loyds of London were involved with the verification and assurance---Iv got een in the shedie I have a wee deek and see if there is a Serial No. and get back to you.

Gar...

Top Bottom