who to ask?

southernscaff

Reaction score
Hi bettertax,
When i was about 18 i had a so called expert on money issues advise me to opt out of SERPS.

Now for t he last couple of years i have recieved letters to my parents house (where i used to live) asking whether i should opt back in.
I dont know what to do, any ideas
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
opted out about 25 years ago.
Thanks
Anyone else had the same experience?
Maybe not the right place to post this but any info would be welcome.

Stay where you are pal, by the time we retire there will be nothing left anyway.
SERPS was the state pension and when you opted out you or your employer paid a smaller NI contribution but you still got a Guaranteed minimum pension, GMP.
Nothing to worry about if you have paid all your NI.
Thats a very brief explanation, speak to an IFA if your worried about it but its not worth a toss anyway.
or google SERPS / PENSIONS/GMP that will give you a more detailed explanation.

Thanks JakDan,
Think i will stay opted out,
You right about ther gonna be no money left in the pot.
Seems like we,ll all be working till we drop at this rate!!

Hi southernscaff,

sorry for the tardy reply, and I also have nothing to add, as jakdan has already given you effectivly all the advice that I could have hahaha.

We might have to start offical discussons with jakdan soon if this continues :idea:

Hi southernscaff,

sorry for the tardy reply, and I also have nothing to add, as jakdan has already given you effectivly all the advice that I could have hahaha.

We might have to start offical discussons with jakdan soon if this continues :idea:

you should work on a sunday haha;)

I quite often do check you lot over on a Sunday!! It's them that don't :D (I'll have to start signing off my posts soon!)

Top Bottom