Plus Eight Scaffold (1 Viewer)

havoc

Reaction score
Hi All
Im new to this forum and wondered what people's thoughts were on the plus eight scaffold system?
I have been scaffolding for the past 8 years with tube and clip and looking for a quicker system for decoration or small jobs.
Any advise or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
:eek:

great system i think!worked for turner plus eight a good few years ago,was foreman on a massive gas tank in st helens!!great job!i would say it is the fastest system around,,but each to there own!some people love it,others hate it!!!

Didn't realise it was still in use?
an old pal of mine swore by it and he used to call it the betamax of scaffolding. (great product sh1t promoting)

betamax eh, owld tw@t

Cheers for your opinions lads

contacted +8 turner today as looking for prices, waiting on call back.

i am told the Lahyer system is similar, what are your views on this system,

ie Speed on erect and striking ???

One of the problems with system is if you want to utilize it fully you need all the parts, and there are so many which adds to the cost. I use T+F, but also use Cuplok. If you allready use T+F Cuplok might be the better option for you because both are easily intermixed thus saving on costs.

for system +8 is the quickest mate but fck me they do know how to charge you for the gear........who did you speak to at turner then?

went on a peri up course the other day very good system nice and light ledger based so board either way for triming round things easy to use very fast

Youll find +8 is expensive on the decking system, so id reccomend using Layher as there is more of it about and you can probably source a few good deals on 2nd Hand packages.. plus there is always someone that will buy Layher off you because is such good gear.

hate system but this stuff is very good mate.[/QUOTE

You would say that pal where is the stuff from

:nuts: No celtic it right it is exspensive and so is layher too especially if you buy it off Matt from layher...If you want abit of advise try Scaffom there from the midlands and there a lot cheaper than layher but the same product.Also scaffon make there own product in belgium where they make cuploc for SGB.What a factory :blink1:

I found out about Plus8 from the Turner access website a couple of year ago, i thought i would have another wee butchers and give the lads the link for future reference, FFS its gone:eek: cant find the stuff anywhere, must be the 'Pikeys';)

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Ha found this though.
Scaffolding Systems
PlusEight® System Scaffolding
Turner Access Ltd over-see manufacture of the PlusEight® Scaffolding System and sell nationally as well as internationally. PlusEight® can be used in a number of industries including construction, petrochemical, aviation, TV, film and theatre, outdoor events and signboards. Turner Access Ltd are active members of the NASC (National Access and Scaffolding Confederation) and SIA (Scaffold Industry Association) in North America.

The PlusEight® Scaffolding System is perhaps the best form of scaffolding available in today's competitive industry. It offers many benefits:

•Productivity
•Safety
•Versatility
•Ergonomic
•Speed
Turner PlusEight® holds several achievements
•"Home of the Fastest Scaffold System in the World" - Our most outstanding achievement is the original World Record for fastest built scaffold. In 1994 an experienced two-man crew erected 100 m2 of the PlusEight® Modular Scaffold System in just 19.59 minutes (a normal days work for two men). This is registered in the "Guinness Book of World Records".
•Turner PlusEight® are the first scaffolding company to be recognised for the "Investor in People" Award, highly committed to staff development and health and safety matters. (PlusEight is sometimes spelled: Plus Eight or +Eight or simply +8)

Top Bottom