Part 2 1 day assesment (1 Viewer)

kristof2011

Reaction score
Decided to put myself on my part 2 course but now im struggling to get the evidance for the 1 day assesment.
The portfolio asks for alot of stuff im not able to provide like drawings, job sheets, photograpic evidence etc, has anyone any idea where i can get help with this? Ive asked my current employer for help but their showing no interest ( which is DSL ) and also it says that an employer needs to sign it off.
Dont no what to do and really want to get my basic card.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks
Kris

unforunatly not, ive asked a few of my mates but they've been put through it by the companys they worked for

Not being funny here khris but if your working you should be able to get it all yourself, to many people think it is the supervisors/managers job to sort out portfolio, its yours mate.

site induction? easy
method statement / risk ass? every job just ask SM for a copy when you sign it,
drawing? you should have a copy when you do the job? if not why?
time sheets? easy
photo? you not got a phone, if not buy a one for a fiver.

If you did this on all your jobs it would be so easy to put together, but everyone waits till the last minute and thinks how the fukc am i going to get this sorted.

that isn't a knock by the way just a fact, if you get your bit i'm sure your supervisor / manager will get what your short.

best of luck

Not being funny here khris but if your working you should be able to get it all yourself, to many people think it is the supervisors/managers job to sort out portfolio, its yours mate.

site induction? easy
method statement / risk ass? every job just ask SM for a copy when you sign it,
drawing? you should have a copy when you do the job? if not why?
time sheets? easy
photo? you not got a phone, if not buy a one for a fiver.

If you did this on all your jobs it would be so easy to put together, but everyone waits till the last minute and thinks how the fukc am i going to get this sorted.

that isn't a knock by the way just a fact, if you get your bit i'm sure your supervisor / manager will get what your short.

best of luck

Ain't that the truth!

The fact is mate I'm on a job that I don't need to do risk assesment and method statements and there's not been one drawing for any scaffold that's been erected, I no that it's not up to my supervisior to fill it all in for me but a little help from him would of been appreciated, yeh I've got a phone and have taking some photos of the jobs I've done but not every scaffolder does truss outs everyday do they? Was only asking for a little advice mate not a telling off but thanks anyway.

mate tell us all to fook off , nobodys having a go at ya . i know its hard to get the evidence together , its probably why i wont pay for my own advanced as i couldnt do the paper work .i have been scaffolding 17 year and i only done one truss out and that was a cash job. as you said its a lot easier to get a company to put you through it. have a word with your assessor im sure he could help you out . i know they would in the local one to me .a lot of people on here dont live in the real world and think paper work and sg tg regulations are everything but it means fook all to us.if i worked to this bullsh!t my kids would be walking bare foot. i rarely work to a drawing never do a risk assessment dont use a **** step . go back and see your boss for help . surely its better for him that you have the ticket

The fact is mate I'm on a job that I don't need to do risk assesment and method statements and there's not been one drawing for any scaffold that's been erected, I no that it's not up to my supervisior to fill it all in for me but a little help from him would of been appreciated, yeh I've got a phone and have taking some photos of the jobs I've done but not every scaffolder does truss outs everyday do they? Was only asking for a little advice mate not a telling off but thanks anyway.

OK pal sorry for the telling off, you said you worked for DSL thats why i worded it in such a way, i would imagine they have a m/s and r/ass for EVERY job,and i will bet you this weeks wages you will have signed it, but probably didnt ask what it was :laugh: if you said you worked for rainbow scaffolding off the back of a pick up i would have said do what Allan said and ask your assessor.
i've got a 17 year old son who has just done his part 2 and his portfolio is almost up to date as he has done what his assessors asked him to do.
his assessors only ask to get what you can they know not everyone does truss outs or even sadles,
answer this, what have you got,?????? PM me and if i can help i will. rant over

sorry for hijacking this post here but its sort of along the same lines, ive been using an ecitb card for a while but im doing my part one on monday, what happens about my work evidence ect when im out of work at the minute and still looking for work? its gone really quiet up the north west at the minute aswell!....? :/

sorry for hijacking this post here but its sort of along the same lines, ive been using an ecitb card for a while but im doing my part one on monday, what happens about my work evidence ect when im out of work at the minute and still looking for work? its gone really quiet up the north west at the minute aswell!....? :/

Ask Simian (they are training you aren't they?) just be honest and they will tell you exactly what you need, don't get overwhelmed with it and do it as regular as you can, DON'T WAIT TILL THE LAST DAY, like everyone else;)

Blandy i have just completed a portfolio for one of the part 2 that i know, the evidence i used was a copy of the scafftag and the F91 register that goes with it for all his evidence, i have done about 50 portfolio's using this method and had no comeback from the training schools.

Blandy i have just completed a portfolio for one of the part 2 that i know, the evidence i used was a copy of the scafftag and the F91 register that goes with it for all his evidence, i have done about 50 portfolio's using this method and had no comeback from the training schools.

Cheers for the advice, im gunna run it past dave abraham when i go on the course on monday :D

You now only need 2 letters off you employer stating you work ethic on site and a stating that you are competent to carry out truss out,scaffolds with prefab beams,protective fans,gantry scaffolds,roof saddles,splay scaffolds,alterations
The only photos you need are of you wearing you harness,fire safety,site safety,hazzards on site,security hope this helps.

Top Bottom