supervisors course/card (1 Viewer)

scaffie bull

Reaction score
just wondered if the gold supervisors card you get once you have done the touch screen test and the five day course is a seperate card or is it just added on to your cisrs card also is there any funding for the self employed

just wondered if the gold supervisors card you get once you have done the touch screen test and the five day course is a seperate card or is it just added on to your cisrs card also is there any funding for the self employed

Nope, it's a seperate card (and a sh1t course)

Don't know about funding mate.

A lot of these courses are not worth doing in themselves as the average scaff will learn very little but if it increases your chances of gaining employment then it is worth doing. I would speak to local employers to see how they regard different qualifications before parting with cash.

I went and done the course about 5 years ago its not a bad course if you want to progress it will help if you have not work as a supervisor before.

just because yer sat in a classroom for 5 days does not make you a supervisor over night

these courses are just another tax on the working man

but in todays game it helps

in other words with some firms no card no job.

AND ITS THE SAME WITH THE SCAFFOLDING INSPECTORS COURSES ASWELL

when you say s*** course what do you mean is it not worth doing

I'd rather have the card than not. But the course content is pretty pathetic - The usual diet of RAMS/Inspections/5 minutes on estimating and a bizarre section on occupational psychology.

The CISRS did intend this course to be aimed at managers and now regret not calling it 'Scaffolding Manager' as pretty much everyone involved in the construction industry seems to be a 'supervisor' these days.

I believe they now have plans for a new 'Scaffolding Manager' course - which I'd imagine will be filled with another 5 days of boredom and endless coffee breaks....

Enjoy.

I'd rather have the card than not. But the course content is pretty pathetic - The usual diet of RAMS/Inspections/5 minutes on estimating and a bizarre section on occupational psychology.

The CISRS did intend this course to be aimed at managers and now regret not calling it 'Scaffolding Manager' as pretty much everyone involved in the construction industry seems to be a 'supervisor' these days.

I believe they now have plans for a new 'Scaffolding Manager' course - which I'd imagine will be filled with another 5 days of boredom and endless coffee breaks....

Enjoy.

Where did you hear this Phil?

l,m going on the supervisers course l,ve not done supervising before l,ve been on the tools nearly 30yrs, trying to stay in the scaffolding game rather than stacking shelfs at asda

hello mate the course is boring but you can get funding if you have just been paid off or made redundant. look up utn training wakefield on the web

Going to UTN 16th May... good training centre that, and the instructors sound...

Is the touch screen test much different/more difficult for the supervisors card? I done the course last year but I've never got round to doing it. One of our ex supervisors failed it twice AFAIK :eek:

Top Bottom