Inspection (1 Viewer)

DUNDEE SCAFF

Reaction score
Hello fellow scaffs i would be grateful if anyone would be able to help me and tell me if i had my inspection ticket can i inspect jobs and tag them with a part 2 scaff ticket .

no bother at all, as long as they are within the scope of the part 2 training.

hi dundee, i was always thinking you have to be deemed a compedent person to sign off/ inspect scaffold, but having said that there are proberly new rules and regs.

HSE visited us a while back and informed us that in an ideal world advanced scaff's should be signing the tags but as long as the jobs were basic enough to be covered within the scope of the part 2 they would accept that as proof of competence. Also, there is a lot of 2 day scaffold inspectors who are in for a shock when they realise their ticket counts for zip.

its about time they put a stop to that one,,,,,,on some jobs that painters were tagging your work after doing that two day course.

It's already stopped, if anyone tries to pull that one tell them to check with the hse.

Alright chaps

You may also find, dependant on how clued up the safety guy's are, that they want some one to do the seven dayer that has had nothing to do with the erection of the scaffold.
e.g your walking foreman puts a little 2 lift tower up on a big fixed site, when he does his walk round for the seven day inspection he should have someone else check his job , because his name was on the tag. You couldn't hit some people hard enough!!

ye you cant tag your own work ,,,foreman got to tag it first then tagman does the seven dy inspection

Theres guys out there so full of their own importance that they find fault with anything. ask them to sign anything and they wont. ask for a decision and you'll be still waiting. they'll stand over nothing because their incompetent and then they have the cheek to question the competency of experienced competent scaffs. They feel superior cause they done their 1 or 2 or 5 day course and graduated with a clipboard.

Spot on AOM i always tell them if we do it it might be biased and if they still want it its £35 a hour , then i send my retired father along and give him the £35 a hour he loves it mate he would make Big Rig look silly for punching hours

Spot on AOM i always tell them if we do it it might be biased and if they still want it its £35 a hour , then i send my retired father along and give him the £35 a hour he loves it mate he would make Big Rig look silly for punching hours
Hope your not taking deductions off it Phillo.

only the odd pint he worked on the scaffold 45 years brandy and the shower of c unts ( i wont name them ) he spent the last ten years with as safety manager didnt give him sweet fook all in fact wouldnt keep him on for his last year till retirement, he comes out the odd day for me on the tools and drives all the young ones mental as he wants them on the scaffold at 7.30 and wont let them go till 5 not a second sooner , when i asked him why he does it he aid " i just love to see them little fu ckers crying to go home" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fekin magic Phil, I did it for a bit with the Father in law who passed, but I still talk of him and think of him when I'm on a job he would have hated. I would love to be on the spanners with my old man.

i spent 5 years with my old man AOM , now i have my 18 year old with me and and it is funny when i send my son to work with my old man , but like i say to my son how many people can say they worked with there grandfather , mind you he can be a grumpy old git sometimes and i get " i aint fooking working with that senile old fart again " the lads have nicknamed my old man the Phantom hahahahahaha

Brilliant, I can imagine it being a nightmare at times especially for your son but one day he will be very grateful of the chance to work with you both, very lucky, all of you.

Top Bottom